• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Chamber of Chills 10 CGC 9.8 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Dead of Night 6 CGC 9.4 OFF-WHITE (HTF black Jack/Ripper cover)

Journey Into Mystery 10 CGC 9.6 WHITE

House of Secrets 122 CGC 9.6 WHITE

Phantom Stranger 19 CGC 9.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Don Rosa Collection

Unexpected 152 CGC 9.4 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Unexpected 155 CGC 9.6 WHITE Don Rosa Collection

Unexpected 156 CGC 9.8 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Don Rosa Collection

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion 7 CGC 9.4 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Ghosts 5 CGC 9.4 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Oakland

The PS #19 used to be a PGX 9.6. Ouch.

Nice haul there Sterling.

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion 7 CGC 9.4 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Is that the Kaluta hour-glass cover hm

Yes it is! I've been overbid on the two existing 9.4 copies out there ($200)...oddly I've had this book for quite a while from blazing bob but I wasn't 100% confident in the 9.4 assessment. Luckily I was wrong. Will sell this one if/when I can upgrade.

House of Secrets 105 CGC 9.4 Universal White

This one is VERY popular and fetches abnormal amounts relative to surrounding issues. I feel stupid not biting on the $400 9.8 Oakland copy when it was on Metro...it was recently sold on Heritage for ~$800 and 9.4s easily go for $200.

Just got my grades back from CGC, pretty good overall:

Captain America v.5 14 - timely cover - 9.8

ASM 299 - 9.8

ASM 299 - 9.6

ASM 316 - 9.6 - seriously thought this one had a shot at 9.9, perfect book, not sure what knocked it down

ASM 317 - 9.6 - thought 9.8 for sure

Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness 1 2nd - cap 1 homage - 9.8 - awesome! Love this cover!

-Chris

I just got a bunch of Modern's back yesterday. Except for the GI Joe, I bought all of them from the LCS the day they came out. I'm pretty pleased with the grades.

Uncanny X-Men #213 9.8

Uncanny X-Men #244 9.8

Ultimate Spider-Man #2 9.6

Ultimate Spider-Man #5 9.6

Amazing Spider-Man #299 9.4

Ultimate Spider-Man #3 9.4

Ultimate Spider-Man #4 9.4

Uncanny X-Men #212 9.4

Uncanny X-Men #266 9.4 -I actually called CGC on this one. There are no grader's notes, but 2 graders gave it a 9.6 before the Head Grader overruled them for a 9.4 :(

GI Joe: A Real American Hero #1 9.0

Here are pics of the two 9.8's. (One is a little fuzzy)

Spidey122008.jpg

Spidey122007.jpg

Edited by tsarax

Just got this back and I am THRILLED! Consensus was a 2.0 on the grading forum (which I agreed with) and I was even afraid it might drop to the 1.5 or 1.8 range.

Whoo-hoo! :cloud9::acclaim::banana:

hulk1cgc.jpg

:banana: way to go Greg.

Just got this back and I am THRILLED! Consensus was a 2.0 on the grading forum (which I agreed with) and I was even afraid it might drop to the 1.5 or 1.8 range.

hulk1cgc.jpg

:hail:

hulk1cgc.jpg

That is awesome :applause:

Congrats (thumbs u

hulk1cgc.jpg

:hail:

Awesome. Hulk #1 coming back higher than you expected. What a cool result. Congrats.

hulk1cgc.jpg

He shoots...he scores...! SWEEET! :headbang:

hulk1cgc.jpg

What a cool book.....now it is time to send it off for Stan Lee Signature Series!!!

While I plan on sharing all of these books with everyone in the future, here is what I will show for now:

CIMG2977.jpg

:acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim:

Wow.

Thanks.

And also just in, but not in that pic:

CaptainAmericavol5CGC14upgrade.jpg

hulk1cgc.jpg

What a cool book.....now it is time to send it off for Stan Lee Signature Series!!!

I am seriously thinking about sending this to the Desert Wind signing...but I'm worried after they crack it out, it might not come back the same grade! Should I risk it? I really want it signed by Stan but you never know what might happen when it goes through the grading process again. (shrug) Any advice????

hulk1cgc.jpg

I am seriously thinking about sending this to the Desert Wind signing...but I'm worried after they crack it out, it might not come back the same grade! Should I risk it? I really want it signed by Stan but you never know what might happen when it goes through the grading process again. (shrug) Any advice????

Personally, I would leave well enough alone. Find another raw book and have Stan sign that book. When a batter hits a home run he does not run back to the Umpire and ask if he can have a do-over since he feels he could have hit the ball farther.