• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

Avengers10LR.jpg

Why was this given a qualified grade when I have seen other printer plate swaps given the standard blue label? How does this printer error effect the collectable value?

You mean like FF 110? Very good question. I'd've thought such an error (I've not seen one of those before, fwiw) would've been treated the same way. There are no structural problems to qualify the grade.

I assume it could go for more than a regular Avengers 10 as it is rare - but the market is sometimes skewed regarding error books like this. FF 110 "green" version usually goes for a large premium, especially in high grade, whereas other books with similar "defects" do not. Maybe it's because it's still aesthetically eye-catching, but that's just a guess.

Either way, great books - impressive how many have white pages. And that Cap 110 is the nicest (whitest) I've seen.

This Avengers is another ridiculous CGC decision. Seriously.....WTF?