• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Got some books back from one of my rare submissions, here are the best ones. I was a little disappointed in the Flex Mentallo grades, but them's the breaks.

You shouldn't be too upset about the FM's. They are notoriously tough in grade. That is a very nice set you have there. (thumbs u

Just got these images from CGC. :banana:

974649_001.jpg

:o

This came back a 6.0? WOW! Great deal man! Maybe one of the best this year. I still regret I ´Waited too long...... :sorry:

Perfect for you though, pal (thumbs u

Just received today, found these two in a collection that I picked up last Summer!

img507.jpg

img508.jpg

Those are spectacular books and very hard to find in HG. Congrats. LMK if you ever want to sell them !

Just received today, found these two in a collection that I picked up last Summer!

img507.jpg

img508.jpg

Those are spectacular books and very hard to find in HG. Congrats. LMK if you ever want to sell them !

Those are beauties, started looking for those books myself, congrats.

img507.jpg

img508.jpg

Those are beauties, started looking for those books myself, congrats.

My lcs has both of these in midgrade raw around guide

I bought this book on a whim and got it signed at NYCC 2009: Wolverine#145 (Nasbisco Variant) CGC 9.8 SS Bill Sienkiewicz, Leinil Yu and Dexter Vines. Thanks to Par2ch for the silver sharpie, for teaching me how to prep my own books...and for letting me follow him around as he got the signatures for me. I learned that SS Witnesses are very quick on their feet. I could barely keep up with Dan....but it turned out very well as this book is the highest graded and has the most signatures (I believe). Thank you so much Dan. :)

P.S. I still can't believe I prepp'ed this book myself....because I can't even keep the camera steady... :cloud9:

dscf0026zay.jpg

-Issa

P.S. Moved to this thread because "Back from CGC" is more appropriate.

I bought this book on a whim and got it signed at NYCC 2009: Wolverine#145 (Nasbisco Variant) CGC 9.8 SS Bill Sienkiewicz, Leinil Yu and Dexter Vines. Thanks to Par2ch for the silver sharpie, for teaching me how to prep my own books...and for letting me follow him around as he got the signatures for me. I learned that SS Witnesses are very quick on their feet. I could barely keep up with Dan....but it turned out very well as this book is the highest graded and has the most signatures (I believe). Thank you so much Dan. :)

P.S. I still can't believe I prepp'ed this book myself....because I can't even keep the camera steady... :cloud9:

dscf0026zay.jpg

-Issa

Issa I'm so jealouse of you!!!!

dscf0026zay.jpg

-Issa

Issa I'm so jealouse of you!!!!

:shy: :shy: :shy::) Thanks for the kind words LBJARM :)

Got some books back from one of my rare submissions, here are the best ones. I was a little disappointed in the Flex Mentallo grades, but them's the breaks.

How did you manage to get a blue label on the Flex Mentallo #3? I thought autographs could only get yellow or green?

How did you manage to get a blue label on the Flex Mentallo #3? I thought autographs could only get yellow or green?

:gossip: The signatures are part of the artwork; they're on every copy.

:gossip: The signatures are part of the artwork; they're on every copy.

(thumbs u

Just got the grades back on my lastest Modern submission and that X-Men hoards purchase from last year continues to pay dividends:

Uncanny X-Men #207 CGC 9.8 (2 copies) :grin:

Uncanny X-Men #212 CGC 9.8 (finally got a 9.8 after submitting 9 other copies) :acclaim:

Uncanny X-Men #213 CGC 9.8 (2 copies) :grin:

Uncanny X-Men #222 CGC 9.8 (2 copies) :grin:

More goodies coming:

ASM #583 Obama 1st Print Variant CGC 9.8 (3 copies)

ASM #583 Obama 2nd Print Variant CGC 9.8 (2 copies)

ASM #583 Obama 3rd Print Variant CGC 9.8

Marvel Authentix: Amazing Spider-Man #1 Sketch Cover CGC 9.8 :banana:

All in all, 13 of the 30 books submitted tied for top census. :applause: The main disappointment in this submission was a Human Torch #3 CGC 9.4 that I was sure would get at least a 9.6. I guess they knocked it down because of the OW/W pages. (shrug)

Just got the grades back on my lastest Modern submission and that X-Men hoards purchase from last year continues to pay dividends:

Uncanny X-Men #207 CGC 9.8 (2 copies) :grin:

Uncanny X-Men #212 CGC 9.8 (finally got a 9.8 after submitting 9 other copies) :acclaim:

Uncanny X-Men #213 CGC 9.8 (2 copies) :grin:

Uncanny X-Men #222 CGC 9.8 (2 copies) :grin:

More goodies coming:

ASM #583 Obama 1st Print Variant CGC 9.8 (3 copies)

ASM #583 Obama 2nd Print Variant CGC 9.8 (2 copies)

ASM #583 Obama 3rd Print Variant CGC 9.8

Marvel Authentix: Amazing Spider-Man #1 Sketch Cover CGC 9.8 :banana:

All in all, 13 of the 30 books submitted tied for top census. :applause: The main disappointment in this submission was a Human Torch #3 CGC 9.4 that I was sure would get at least a 9.6. I guess they knocked it down because of the OW/W pages. (shrug)

Nice haul...love the uncanny's...

Please excuse the interruption. Your regularly scheduled super hero slabathon will resume following this brief interlude. :)

Sadly, cracked, read, resubbed and downgraded from 8.0: :sorry:

156685-001.jpg

But I like this one:

156685-004.jpg

156685-003.jpg

Please excuse the interruption. Your regularly scheduled super hero slabathon will resume following this brief interlude. :)

156685-001.jpg

Wow, looks like a pretty strict 7.5!!

Wow, looks like a pretty strict 7.5!!

Yeah, I think so too. It was graded on a Friday.. maybe it would have gotten 8.0 if it had been delayed to Monday.