• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

FC878CGC80OW-WPBeth.jpg

sitting on my desk when I got to work!!!

Wonderful!

the only thing that get's me is that I owned a raw 878, had it CGC'd (8.5) and then sold it when I thought I was getting out of the hobby... :eek:

It is to this day the highest graded at 8.5!!!! I thought this had a chance at an 8.5. Still this is a pedigree, nicely cut and mine!!!! :grin:

It's also mislabeled! :o

"Dale Hale story, cover, and art"

Shouldn't Schulz be credited with the cover?

hmmm...Overstreet says Schultz cover only...I am not sending it back!

Also, I just looked at the 8.5 scan and it says Schults cover. I am still not sending it back.

Edited by Dover

hmmm...Overstreet says Schultz cover only...I am not sending it back!

Also, I just looked at the 8.5 scan and it says Schults cover. I am still not sending it back.

Oh, I hear ya. Re-holdering is a nice little waiting game that ain't fun to play. Hence why my Animal Man #5 will permanently say "1981" on the label instead of "1989." (thumbs u

No mislabel. Charles Schulz never did any PEANUTS work for comic books. Despite having his name on them, they were all done (stories & art) by Dale Hale.

Same thing with Batman/Detective comics from the 50'5 & 60's being "signed" by Bob Kane.

No mislabel. Charles Schulz never did any PEANUTS work for comic books. Despite having his name on them, they were all done (stories & art) by Dale Hale.

Same thing with Batman/Detective comics from the 50'5 & 60's being "signed" by Bob Kane.

and know we know! Thanks.

I received some really nice books back from last submission. This was not one of them...

To add punishment to stupidity, the piece of packaging material towards the middle bottom is safely encapsulated with this book.

Batman400oops.jpg

That's so harsh! I feel bad for you man, lol.

I guess you gotta see the humorous side to it though!

I received some really nice books back from last submission. This was not one of them...

To add punishment to stupidity, the piece of packaging material towards the middle bottom is safely encapsulated with this book.

Batman400oops.jpg

Batman400oops.jpg

8.0?? what did the cgc notes say?..am i missing something here?

first glance looked like the skull was smoking a fatty and batman was reaching for it....

Edited by kryptospidey

Batman400oops.jpg

8.0?? what did the cgc notes say?..am i missing something here?

first glance looked like the skull was smoking a fatty and batman was reaching for it....

The packaging material had nothing to do with the grade. Just poor QC on CGCs part. The grade had everything to do with the poor QC on my part...I sent the wrong book in. No need for graders notes, the back scan should suffice.

lol

Batman400backoops.jpg