• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

so golden age is graded completely different? Ok that would make sense, I guess. I thought the grading system was all the same.

Printing techniques, raw materials and machinery was/is different for all era's.

This one sat on ComicConnect for months and the seller wouldn't budge. I finally couldn't hold out and went ahead and purchased it after failing to find a copy even though I felt I overpaid. It was listed as VG and I agreed it was a very nice VG, but with the hole in the cover expected a 3.5-4.5. I like being wrong.

Detective-118-cgc.jpg

so I take it you didn't overpay then.

Nope, now I pretty much hit right at GPA.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

How many card playing/poker playing cover slabs do you have now?

I have 407 comic books with card covers. 165 of those are CGC books.

Damn Poker, you are on a roll! How many more on your list?

18, not counting a couple of common moderns I just found with card covers and can pick up easily or the handful of card covers the guys at World Wide Comics have been hunting down for me that I have not paid for yet (Racket Squad #1 and a couple Richie Riches in that pile that I didn't know about until they went looking).

What I know I still need:

Army Motors v6 #1

Dark Mysteries #7

Gunsmoke Western #32

Hawk #10 (one on eBay this week :wishluck:)

Joker #2, 4 (waiting for nice CGCs)

Mary Marvel #21

Miss Fury #1

True Western #3 (Canadian - technically not needed for my quest)

Uncle Joe’s Funnies #1

Young Allies #19

Zip #20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 31

I love that Joker cover, PokerKid. What is top of your list to get next then bro?

The book I most want to come across is the Army Motors because I assume they don't come up too often or Dark Mysteries #7 because it is goofy and kind of fun.

The book I would most like is an upgrade of my VG copy of Strange Adventures #80. I'd like a nice copy to join my two nice House of Mystery copies. They are among my favorite covers.

ok got my books from chicago today....a big ty to Desert Wind

x2.....1's for sell, dam i really need to get selling some of my books

AvengersJLA4.jpg

might break out for kirkman later

MarvelZombies1.jpg

only got it signed bc of the cover :applause:, Kyle and Yost were there too so figured why not get them as well

X-Force9.jpg

Just got these back yesterday. A big thanks to Chandler & Sharon Rice

86654.jpg

86656.jpg

Two out of three card covers - you have magnificient taste in comics.

Thanks, I wasnt thinking about the card aspect I like Deadpool and Bullseye because I have a soft spot (in the head :luhv: ) for the criminally insane :screwy:

Just got these Blackest Night Sketch Covers back from CGC today, and they are all for sale. :takeit:

If you want any of these please let me know ASAP and we can work something out. (thumbs u

20090930121553603_0003.jpg

20090930121553603_0004.jpg

20090930121553603_0005.jpg

20090930121553603_0006.jpg

20090930121553603_0007.jpg

Edited by spiderman-on-tilt