• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,970 posts in this topic

Oh yeah and this turd...

This cheese stands alone, 1st 9.8 in census... :DBA~ZINGA:

Dynomutt198OW-W.jpg

I even had a Dynomutt lunchbox as a kiddo during my early grade school youth! :cloud9:

:takeit:

(worship) Cheese indeed!

20 submissions of that book and that's the first 9.8 :o

Hello everyone. New member here. First post ever. Here's my first submission to CGC. It came back 4.0 Cream to Off-White pages. I was hoping for a little better. Comments? flash123.jpg

flash123bc.jpg

The 4.0 assigned appears to be an accumulation of defects rather than any one specific problem. I see a large color breaking crease, which alone keeps it 5.5 or less. There's a BC corner chip, some browning along the edges. Maybe some rust on the top staple ? A few tears, lots of color breaking spine creases. It probably gets to be a numbers game where the defects are added up and it's a 4.0 .

I could see a 4.5 but no better.

It's still a cool book with decent eye appeal.

Hello everyone. New member here. First post ever. Here's my first submission to CGC. It came back 4.0 Cream to Off-White pages. I was hoping for a little better. Comments? flash123.jpg

flash123bc.jpg

The 4.0 assigned appears to be an accumulation of defects rather than any one specific problem. I see a large color breaking crease, which alone keeps it 5.5 or less. There's a BC corner chip, some browning along the edges. Maybe some rust on the top staple ? A few tears, lots of color breaking spine creases. It probably gets to be a numbers game where the defects are added up and it's a 4.0 .

Is the bottom staple popped?

flash123bc.jpg

Bob's right as far as the accumulation of defects here. The killer's are the chip on the B.C. and that large crease on the F.C. It still looks like it should have hit 4.5 but I wonder what the inside covers look like ( tanning ) and how well the staples are attached. Still a cool book though.

DR.X

Book looks a little toasted. If the interior cover edges are yellowed, the book will receive a small downgrade. If they are browned, the downgrade can be more substantial.

The GL looks nicer than a 6.5 IMO... Great books

White spine! Press it and make hundreds!!! (thumbs u

That only works with Amazing Spider-Man 129's.

:rulez:

No, with ASM 129's its THOUSANDS... doh!

:rulez: