• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Looks at Greggy's books and Wonders

Where does he get those wonderful books!!

19568_300743196437_636621437_5084999_7213438_n.jpg

Doesn't your wife get upset at the money spent?

i can tell you where he got the Atoms. raw from me; sold as NM-

Edited by paperheart

VCC deserter.

VCC deserter.

:sorry: - probably gonna miss the next one as well.

VCC deserter.

Wasnt the Teen titans yours too?

VCC deserter.

:applause:

VCC deserter.

:applause:

:acclaim:- VF/NM. i did overgrade the JLA #61; NM-. the gregster should file suit

Edited by paperheart

You beat me with the edit. If it was sold in the VCC like i was expecting i could have saved it from his evil clutches.

Why is it not noted as the boston copy on the label? (asking greggy too)

You beat me with the edit. If it was sold in the VCC like i was expecting i could have saved it from his evil clutches.

Because there was no certificate.

Because there was no certificate.
:(

I got a DD #5 restored back today. It is a 9.6...or at least it was. This is what they did when they slabbed it.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/dicjones/DD5BentCornerFront.jpg[/img]]DD #5 Front

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/dicjones/DD5BentCornerBack.jpg[/img]]DD #5 Back

I didn't get it until after hours so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what can be done. Sigh.

:o

DR.X

Be thankful it was in a white area. Should press out no problem.

We'll for any of you who might be curious, the book has been pressed and re-graded and is on it's way back to me. It maintained the 9.6 grade it had previously gotten. Let's just hope it survives the trip this time...keeping my fingers crossed.

I got a DD #5 restored back today. It is a 9.6...or at least it was. This is what they did when they slabbed it.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/dicjones/DD5BentCornerFront.jpg[/img]]DD #5 Front

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/dicjones/DD5BentCornerBack.jpg[/img]]DD #5 Back

I didn't get it until after hours so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what can be done. Sigh.

:o

DR.X

Be thankful it was in a white area. Should press out no problem.

We'll for any of you who might be curious, the book has been pressed and re-graded and is on it's way back to me. It maintained the 9.6 grade it had previously gotten. Let's just hope it survives the trip this time...keeping my fingers crossed.

:applause: Congrats!

I bet this time they secure it with a vertical wedge. I just don't know why they don't use the wedges more often, it really helps protect the book.

Speaking from experience these things can be aggravating but CGC always rectifies the problem. Congrats.

I bet this time they secure it with a vertical wedge. I just don't know why they don't use the wedges more often, it really helps protect the book.

Speaking from experience these things can be aggravating but CGC always rectifies the problem. Congrats.

I was very impressed with the customer service. This was my first experience with something like this and CGC. It's nice to see a company conduct business in this way as well as having piece of mind going forward that if something like this were ever to happen again it will be resolved without question.

So I finally got around to sending my first submission. Generally quite satisfied with the results (In that they mostly matched what I expected).

I suppose these are not quite up to Dre standards but we’ve all got to start somewhere.

Firstly, and definitely my pick of the bunch, Grimm Fairy Tales 1 (First printing)

GFT_001.jpg

Next a couple of GFT 28 variants

Fantastic Realm “Red Lingerie” version

GFT_028_Fantastic_Realm_Variant.jpg

Fantastic Realm “Nude” version

GFT_028_Fantastic_Realm_Nude_Variant.jpg

Next up – a pair of GFT 29 variants

The Fantastic Realm “Virgin” Exclusive

GFT_029_Fantastic_Realm_Variant.jpg

And the Fantastic Realm “Gold” Exclusive. This was my big let down. Looks like I missed a spine tick 

GFT_029_Fantastic_Realm_Virgin_Variant.jpg

Now another couple of 9.6’s. I’ve struggled to find any copies of either of these without spine ticks. These will do as placeholders until I find suitable upgrades.

GFT 34 “Hello Kitty” variant

GFT_034_Variant_Cover.jpg

And GFT 36 “Rubber Ducky” variant

GFT_036_Limited_Edition.jpg

And now back on to the 9.8’s

GFT 41 “Battlezone” variant

GFT_041_Battlezone.jpg

And GFT 43c

GFT_043_ltd_ed.jpg

The last two are a little more mainstream

Phoenix –Endsong 1a – Greg Land Variant. I was expecting 9.6 here. Decided to slab it for sentimental reasons. It’s the only comic my wife has ever bought. She knows it’s my favourite modern cover and surprised me with a copy of this variant edition to go with my standard copy.

Phoenix_Endsong_001_Variant.jpg

And Finally,

Generation Hope 3a - Greg Land Variant. This is the only floppy I picked up on my recent trip to NYC. I don’t follow the series and only know the details which are featured in UXM. To be honest, the reason I bought it was I was quite impressed with Land’s cover (The blurry effects look great) and I actually thought the character was Rachel Summers (Phoenix 2) so I thought it would go really well with the Endsong 1s. Turns out it’s not Rachel. In fact turns out the character isn’t even female…

Gen_Hope_Variant_Edition.jpg

So I finally got around to sending my first submission. Generally quite satisfied with the results (In that they mostly matched what I expected).

I suppose these are not quite up to Dre standards but we’ve all got to start somewhere.

Firstly, and definitely my pick of the bunch, Grimm Fairy Tales 1 (First printing)

GFT_001.jpg

Next a couple of GFT 28 variants

Fantastic Realm “Red Lingerie” version

GFT_028_Fantastic_Realm_Variant.jpg

Fantastic Realm “Nude” version

GFT_028_Fantastic_Realm_Nude_Variant.jpg

Next up – a pair of GFT 29 variants

The Fantastic Realm “Virgin” Exclusive

GFT_029_Fantastic_Realm_Variant.jpg

And the Fantastic Realm “Gold” Exclusive. This was my big let down. Looks like I missed a spine tick 

GFT_029_Fantastic_Realm_Virgin_Variant.jpg

Now another couple of 9.6’s. I’ve struggled to find any copies of either of these without spine ticks. These will do as placeholders until I find suitable upgrades.

GFT 34 “Hello Kitty” variant

GFT_034_Variant_Cover.jpg

And GFT 36 “Rubber Ducky” variant

GFT_036_Limited_Edition.jpg

And now back on to the 9.8’s

GFT 41 “Battlezone” variant

GFT_041_Battlezone.jpg

And GFT 43c

GFT_043_ltd_ed.jpg

The last two are a little more mainstream

Phoenix –Endsong 1a – Greg Land Variant. I was expecting 9.6 here. Decided to slab it for sentimental reasons. It’s the only comic my wife has ever bought. She knows it’s my favourite modern cover and surprised me with a copy of this variant edition to go with my standard copy.

Phoenix_Endsong_001_Variant.jpg

And Finally,

Generation Hope 3a - Greg Land Variant. This is the only floppy I picked up on my recent trip to NYC. I don’t follow the series and only know the details which are featured in UXM. To be honest, the reason I bought it was I was quite impressed with Land’s cover (The blurry effects look great) and I actually thought the character was Rachel Summers (Phoenix 2) so I thought it would go really well with the Endsong 1s. Turns out it’s not Rachel. In fact turns out the character isn’t even female…

Gen_Hope_Variant_Edition.jpg

Loads of GFT goodness! :) Thanks for sharing your stories! I really don't see a female in Greg Land's cover (the last slab). lol