• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Photoon2011-11-26at23145.jpg

Well...............that's strange! hm

Awesome books dude!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Awesome stuff brother,how old are you? I'm thinking by the time you get to be my age, knowing your collection.Your going to have one hell of a collection.Don't tell the Doomsday naysayers that your young,they think comic collecting's gonna die with us old folks. lol

Thanks! I'm 16. I try to keep telling those people that there's still some of us out there, but they won't listen! rantrantlol

I would like to commend you for acting well beyond your years on these chatboards. I was a couple of years younger than you when I took my first hiatus from comic collecting. That departure lasted about 30 years. Here's hoping you stick with comic collecting for a long, long time. (thumbs u

Photoon2011-11-26at23145.jpg

Well...............that's strange! hm

Awesome books dude!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Awesome stuff brother,how old are you? I'm thinking by the time you get to be my age, knowing your collection.Your going to have one hell of a collection.Don't tell the Doomsday naysayers that your young,they think comic collecting's gonna die with us old folks. lol

Thanks! I'm 16. I try to keep telling those people that there's still some of us out there, but they won't listen! rantrantlol

I would like to commend you for acting well beyond your years on these chatboards. I was a couple of years younger than you when I took my first hiatus from comic collecting. That departure lasted about 30 years. Here's hoping you stick with comic collecting for a long, long time. (thumbs u

Thanks very, very much! I hope to continue without end, but I hope whatever break I may eventually take will be a short and non-damaging one. :)

CaptainAmerica55.jpg

CaptainAmerica54.jpg

CaptainAmerica61.jpg

I posted these last week in the "Please Grade My" section.

However now I actually have them back. I know the grades are low, but these are my first Golden Age submissions and my first Cap books. So I am very proud of them even in the sub VG range.

CaptainAmerica55.jpg

CaptainAmerica54.jpg

CaptainAmerica61.jpg

I posted these last week in the "Please Grade My" section.

However now I actually have them back. I know the grades are low, but these are my first Golden Age submissions and my first Cap books. So I am very proud of them even in the sub VG range.

All GA folks would be proud to own these (Timelys rule!). Great books. (thumbs u

This is a second print.

scan0256.jpg

Prove it
I dont have another copy handy. The art in the little box is from asm300, which wouldnt even come for another year. This is a reprint distributed by JCpenny iirc.

After labeling UXM 266 as a second print, CGC now labels the JCPenny/Stridex copies as Reprints.

St. Louis Variant Mafia has 3 sets of reprints included, I believe the Hulk is from the 1993 set.

http://stlcomics.com/gallery/jcpenney_stridex/

scan0268.jpg

I've got a copy of this issue stored away. I've had it for probably 15 years or so, got it in a "grab bag" type thing that my parents bought me for Christmas one year right after I first got into comics from one of those cheapo "Made in China" mail order magazines. I've debated submitting it to CGC both times I've submitted, but for some reason I haven't done it yet... seeing this, I just might have to check it out again. It's in nice shape, but I'd have to examine it again to see how nice.

This is a second print.

scan0256.jpg

Prove it
I dont have another copy handy. The art in the little box is from asm300, which wouldnt even come for another year. This is a reprint distributed by JCpenny iirc.

After labeling UXM 266 as a second print, CGC now labels the JCPenny/Stridex copies as Reprints.

St. Louis Variant Mafia has 3 sets of reprints included, I believe the Hulk is from the 1993 set.

http://stlcomics.com/gallery/jcpenney_stridex/

I sent in a pile of 2nd prints to CGC to finish a set and half of them came back as first printings. :P