• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Did my biggest submission yet...30 books at Big Wow with 29 coming back 9.8, and one lonely 9.6. Here are my keepers....

My first ever sketch cover. Ron Lim Thanos

ThorLimThanosSketch.jpg

My second sketch cover ever. Jim Lee Harley Quinn. A 3 hour wait, but worth it!!

HeroJimLeeSketch.jpg

Radioactive Man #711 w/ Radioactive Man head sketch by Bill Morrision and Fallout Boy head sketch by Tone Rodriguez

RadioactiveMan711.jpg

Punisher War Journal #6 & 7 SS Jim Lee

PunisherWarJournel6.jpg

PunisherWarJournal7.jpg

Edited by dillndill

very nice, i was not willing to wait 3 hrs in line for Jim Lee

Did my biggest submission yet...30 books at Big Wow with 29 coming back 9.8, and one lonely 9.6. Here are my keepers....

My first ever sketch cover. Ron Lim Thanos

ThorLimThanosSketch.jpg

My second sketch cover ever. Jim Lee Harley Quinn. A 3 hour wait, but worth it!!

HeroJimLeeSketch.jpg

Radioactive Man #711 w/ Radioactive Man head sketch by Bill Morrision and Fallout Boy head sketch by Tone Rodriguez

RadioactiveMan711.jpg

Punisher War Journal #6 & 7 SS Jim Lee

PunisherWarJournel6.jpg

PunisherWarJournal7.jpg

Love that Thanos by Ron Lim. Infinity Gauntlet :cloud9:

Also nice PWJ 6-7 :applause:

I was thinking the same, seen higher graded books that don't look as good as these. (shrug)

Exactly what I was thinking. Majority of these ASMs posted above look like 9.4s to me. What am I missing?

If I was the owner, I'd be pissed off! an_arsed.gif

Is CGC really this strict? If those are all 9.2s, what exactly qualifies as a 9.4?

Perhaps if the owner got the "graders notes" on these, there would be some clear indication on what the defects were?

I'm stunned by these grades, I really am.

Great books... Is it me or do each one of those books look under graded by about .2?

No, it is not you. The ASMs look to be ALL undergraded by .2! I really believe the majority, if not all, deserve 9.4 grades.

What are the CGC graders looking at to score these a 9.2? doh!

Great books... Is it me or do each one of those books look under graded by about .2?

No, it is not you. The ASMs look to be ALL undergraded by .2! I really believe the majority, if not all, deserve 9.4 grades.

Have you seen the back covers? How can you assign a grade to a book without seeing the back cover?

Have you seen the back covers? How can you assign a grade to a book without seeing the back cover?

True. The back covers on each and every one of those ASMs may have been soiled or defective in some respect.

Perhaps the owner can shed some light on it.

Not to mention, there is no way to tell what's going on inside of the book.

True. The back covers on each and every one of those ASMs may have been soiled or defective in some respect.

Perhaps the owner can shed some light on it.

CGC has tightened up the grading but the only thing I could complain about is that they were not "soft" graded. Overall they were pretty close...

- the #56 is spot on

- the #59 under by .2

- the #64 over by .2

- the #65 spot on and maybe over by .2

- the #67 under by .2-.4 (previous 9.4 and hell Nick/F_T had this book at NM-)

- the #71 spot on

- the #72 under by .2

- the 78 spot on to over by .2 (indent by prowlers first laser blast that you can't see in the scan)

- the #80 under by .2

- the #87 spot on

- the #90 over by .2

- the #92 spot on and the #97 spot on