• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Two days and two packages from CGC:

This arrived on Thursday - Thanks to Adonis and Sajad Shah - way beyond my expectations:

FF1SCGC98SS-SilverSurfer.jpg

Brian...is that one of the FF #1 blanks I sent to you?

Two days and two packages from CGC:

This arrived on Thursday - Thanks to Adonis and Sajad Shah - way beyond my expectations:

FF1SCGC98SS-SilverSurfer.jpg

Brian...is that one of the FF #1 blanks I sent to you?

Mike - Yes it is as a matter of fact - Thanks for helping me out. I still have 4 blank copies left (thumbs u

So that #1 ended up getting a 9.8, was that the same one that you posted in the PGM?

yup, same one

That's fantastic :applause: you should update that thread, I don't remember how many people graded it that high.

I finally got the grades on my books from Heroes Con in Charlotte back in June. The grades overall are good I guess but I'm disappoInted with a few of them. I will post first what I thought they would grade, then the grade CGC gave them.

Amazing Spiderman 36 v2 9.6/9.8

Ultimate Fantastic Four 21 (variant cover) 9.6/9.8

Vengeance of Bane 1 9.2/9.4

Batman 497 9.8

SS Subs

Crisis on Infinite Earths 8 SS by Perez 9.6 (bought CGC slabbed at 9.6)

Captain America 25 (McGuinness variant) SS by McGuinness, Vines, Epting 9.8 (bought CGC slabbed at 9.8)

Batman 400 SS by Wrightson, Perez, Senkewicz 9.6 (bought CGC slabbed at 9.6)

Avengers 1 Thonos sketch by Perez 9.6/9.8

Vampirella 34 SS by Wrightson 9.0

Tales of the Zombie 9 SS by Thomas, Norem 9.0

CGC Grades

Amazing Spiderman 36 v2 9.6

Ultimate Fantastic Four 21 (variant cover) 9.6

Vengeance of Bane 1 9.2

Batman 497 9.8 :cool:

SS Subs

Crisis on Infinite Earths 8 SS by Perez 9.6

Captain America 25 (McGuinness variant) SS by McGuinness, Vines, Epting 9.6 :(

Batman 400 SS by Wrightson, Perez, Senkewicz 9.4 :(

Avengers 1 Thanos sketch by Perez 9.4 :(

Vampirella 34 SS by Wrightson 9.2

Tales of the Zombie 9 SS by Thomas, Norem 8.5

This is the first time I have received lower grades on books that were already graded before by CGC. I guess we as collectors all go through this at some point or other when submitting, but man it sucks.

A few notes on the books I sent, the Vengeance of Bane was a Christmas gift one year from my parents so I wanted to get it graded just for that reason. I knew it was not going to be a super high grade book. Also, the TOTZ was bought raw off of ebay. It was listed as 9.2 by the seller.

I'm still a little new to the CGC grading game but like I said, I guess overall I did ok. I will post photos when the books come in along with a few other CGC books I've gotten back recently.

Thanks guys

Edited by Big Daddy Kel

My first set completed! Small personal triumph! Thanks joeypost! (thumbs u

thanosquest1fc1.jpg

thanosquest1fc2nd.jpg

thanosquest2fc1.jpg

thanosquest2fc2nd.jpg

Interesting. I didn't know that squarebound books with cardstock covers could be pressed. Congrats :applause:

My submissions from Baltimore and Philly came back. The ones from Baltimore came back before the Philly books because of Fast Track.

Pretty satisfied with everything, when I consider what I expected and paid for everything.

DSC09676.jpg

DSC09683.jpg

DSC09687.jpg

DSC09692.jpg

DSC09704.jpg

DSC09710.jpg

DSC09711.jpg

DSC09491.jpg

DSC09494.jpg

DSC09498.jpg

Adams totally damaged this one himself, but I'm still happy with the sketch, especially since Adams stopped doing $50 sketch covers after Baltimore.

DSC09487.jpg

Only disappointment, but it's my own fault. I was mistreating this book while I had it at the con.

DSC09694.jpg

Edited by lemonman5