• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,966 posts in this topic

I finally got my FanExpo book back from CGC and it was graded higher than expected. Unfortunately I need to send it out to them to be reholdered because they did a job of slabbing it. Hopefully, since the post is broken they don't have to regrade it and can just be reholdered.

Signed by: Lee, Slott and Cambell and Cambell sketch on the back:

02151302.JPG

02151303.JPG

Here are my books from ComicKaze Expo - Thanks to Desert Wind Comics:

Grimm Fairy Tales #1 CGC 9.6 2x signed by Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco

GFT1CGC96SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #1 Wizard World Philadelphia CGC 9.0 2x signed by Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco

GFT1WCGC90SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #2 CGC 9.4 2x signed by Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco

GFT2CGC94SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #2 CGC 9.6 2x signed by Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco

GFT2CGC96SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #3 CGC 9.4 signed by Ralph Tedesco

GFT3CGC94SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #3 Bondage Cover CGC 9.4 signed by Ralph Tedesco

GFT3BCGC94SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #3 Bondage Cover CGC 9.6 signed by Ralph Tedesco

GFT3BCGC96SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Myths & Legends #1 Blue Dragon Edition CGC 9.8 SS 2x signed by Ralph Tedesco and Jamie Tyndall

GFTML1BCGC98SS.jpg

Image Firsts:walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 SS 2x signed by Tony Moore and Norman Reedus aka Daryl Dixon

IFWD1CGC98SS.jpg

Walking Dead Weekly #1 CGC 9.6 SS 2x signed by Tony Moore and Norman Reedus aka Daryl Dixon

WDW1CGC96SS.jpg

This a big post, sorry, got a lot in this week.

West:

02181305.JPG

Batman #1:

02181304.JPG

Plastino, from the collection of Jerry Robinson:

02181317.JPG

Moldoff:

02181306.JPG

02181307.JPG

02181308.JPG

02181309.JPG

02181310.JPG

02181311.JPG

02181312.JPG

02181313.JPG

02181314.JPG

02181315.JPG

Hasen:

02181316.JPG

Bellman:

02181318.JPG

02181319.JPG

02181320.JPG

Simon:

02181321.JPG

Colan:

02181322.JPG

02181323.JPG

02181324.JPG

Arvell Jones:

02181325.JPG

02181326.JPG

Cardy:

02181330.JPG

02181302.JPG

Simonson:

02181327.JPG

Cassaday:

02181329.JPG

Texeira & Friedrich:

02181328.JPG

I'll never understand the Purple label grades!

That looks 9.0+, How in the hell is that book a 6.5??? ???

Thats what I think. but it doesnt bother me. Great looking grail at an even better looking price.

And that's the bottom line, congrats :applause:

Thats what I think. but it doesnt bother me. Great looking grail at an even better looking price.

Yeah, that is freaking AWESOME! I'm not one for PLOD's but i would KILL to get an AF15 or Hulk 1 PLOD that looked like THAT at 6.5 price!

I really dont get where that grade came from??? I've seen other 9.0-9.2 AF 15 PLODS that didnt look any better than that??? ???

Yeah, that is freaking AWESOME! I'm not one for PLOD's but i would KILL to get an AF15 or Hulk 1 PLOD that looked like THAT at 6.5 price!

I really dont get where that grade came from??? I've seen other 9.0-9.2 AF 15 PLODS that didnt look any better than that??? ???

I agree. I am not a big fan of PLODS and it does bug me. But the way 3.0s look bugs me even more. I think the next big pruchase is going to be a universal IH 1 in 6.0 if I can scrape together the cash.

I agree. I am not a big fan of PLODS and it does bug me. But the way 3.0s look bugs me even more. I think the next big pruchase is going to be a universal IH 1 in 6.0 if I can scrape together the cash.

I totally agree! As much as i dislike PLODS, i would 100% rather have your book at the price i imagine you payed rather than have to shell out 100k for a comparable looking Blue label.

Your copy is freaking awesome in my book! (worship)

I agree the book looks great ! Unlike the Qualified label, where the flaw is overlooked in the grade, the Purple label does not seem to ignore the flaw. My opinion of course but I have called for grader notes on some of my plod submissions. A crease with a CT was still noted as a crease. A tear seal was still noted as a tear. Maybe a trim is still graded as a piece missing ? How CGC grades a PLOD is very vague to me.

Edited by bomber-bob

I agree the book looks great ! Unlike the Qualified label, where the flaw is overlooked in the grade, the Purple label does not seem to ignore the flaw. My opinion of course but I have called for grader notes on some of my plod submissions. A crease with a CT was still noted as a crease. A tear seal was still noted as a tear. Maybe a trim is still graded as a piece missing ? How CGC grades a PLOD is very vague to me.

There are also often differences in sheen,texture, and gloss that cant be seen in scans that will drastically affect the grade.

I just got the grades back on my last magazine submission. Some disappointments as usual but some nice surprises as well.

Alter Ego #21 CGC 9.4 (2 copies, Dave Stevens cover) :)

Sirens of Cinema V2 #13 CGC 9.6 (Dave Stevens cover) :banana:

Captain Britain #4 CGC 9.4, CGC 9.6 :banana:

Captain Britain #6 CGC 9.4, CGC 9.8 :o:whee:

Captain Britain #9 CGC 9.2 :)

Captain Britain #10 CGC 9.4 :)

Heavy Metal #1 CGC 8.5 :(

Heavy Metal #2 CGC 8.5 :(

MAD #26 CGC 6.5 :)

Marvel Comics Super Special #2 CGC 9.4 (thumbs u

Savage Tales #6 CGC 8.5, CGC 9.2 :(

A few of these will be available for sale after I receive them. Pretty happy overall but very disappointed in the 8.5s.

I just got the grades back on my last magazine submission. Some disappointments as usual but some nice surprises as well.

Alter Ego #21 CGC 9.4 (2 copies, Dave Stevens cover) :)

Sirens of Cinema V2 #13 CGC 9.6 (Dave Stevens cover) :banana:

Captain Britain #4 CGC 9.4, CGC 9.6 :banana:

Captain Britain #6 CGC 9.4, CGC 9.8 :o:whee:

Captain Britain #9 CGC 9.2 :)

Captain Britain #10 CGC 9.4 :)

Heavy Metal #1 CGC 8.5 :(

Heavy Metal #2 CGC 8.5 :(

MAD #26 CGC 6.5 :)

Marvel Comics Super Special #2 CGC 9.4 (thumbs u

Savage Tales #6 CGC 8.5, CGC 9.2 :(

A few of these will be available for sale after I receive them. Pretty happy overall but very disappointed in the 8.5s.

Could have been worse. Some could have been Qualified or touched up.

(shrug)