• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,966 posts in this topic

That Cap still blows my mind

The design? Or the grade it got?

I also got back an ASM 194 9.8 WHITE and a XM 116 9.8 WHITE. But I sold those before I had a chance to get scans. I was really happy with the XM 114 and 116 as those are two of the harder bronze XM to find in 9.8.

I also got back an ASM 194 9.8 WHITE and a XM 116 9.8 WHITE. But I sold those before I had a chance to get scans. I was really happy with the XM 114 and 116 as those are two of the harder bronze XM to find in 9.8.

Are any or all of these for sale?

All. I'm saving for a Incredible Hulk 1.

All. I'm saving for a Incredible Hulk 1.

hm

Couple of my hit list... gotta check the budget.

The grade, not that it didn't deserve it. Before I knew anything about CGC's grading I saw a similar CAP 111 and thought that the overall cream appearance of the cover would be an issue, my brain thought 'that should be white'.

So I passed on it. Now there's no saying the book I saw didn't have a bunch of other issues I didn't know to look for that would have kept it from a similar grade as yours, I'm just keeping a mental image of your book as a 'live and learn' type thing.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

These came back yesterday. They were signed at the Las Vegas Comic Expo Sept 29-30 with the help of Desert Wind Comics:

Thought this was a 9.6. Trying to get the Death in the Family Run in 9.6 SS:

BM427CGC92SS.jpg

BM429CGC96SS.jpg

These are connecting covers - will be selling as a set in a thread near you!

AS09SS1SCGC96SS.jpg

AS09SS1CCGC96SS.jpg

Another connecting set:

AS10SS1ACGC98SS.jpg

AS10SS1BCGC96SS.jpg

AS10SS1SCGC96SS.jpg

FA10DFCGC98SS.jpg

FA14PCGC98SS.jpg

FA0RCGC98SS.jpg

Three copies

FA9LCGC98SS-011.jpg

FA9LCGC98SS-012.jpg

FA9LCGC98SS-013.jpg

Here are some books that came in.

Best of DC #43, I have found pretty difficult to get. One of the reason is due to the black on the front cover. Also, #43 is one of the more popular covers that Sheldon Mayer did in the digest run.

And...

Best of DC #5 has issues with excessive glue inside top left corner on the front cover. When that happens it leaves glue bulging out of the cover. Any digest that has more than 100pgs is really difficult to get in 9.8's.

BestofDC5-1_zpsc5e87b1a.jpg

BestofDC18-1_zps7b40f487.jpg

BestofDC43-1_zpsdf529871.jpg

BestofDC49-1_zps3fbdd66d.jpg

Edited by vane

This arrived today from CGC. I've never had a "Key" issue in this high of grade.

Even though this is fairly valuable ($6K - $8K) I just compared it to other Marvel Keys in this grade. If this was any other early Marvel Key I'd have a small fortune, but DD 1 still doesn't get the love, even in 9.2.

I'm sure DD will have his day. I still remember him being my favorite marvel character when Frank Miller was writing him.

get-attachment-2aspx_zpsb06ab79e.jpeg

This arrived today from CGC. I've never had a "Key" issue in this high of grade.

Even though this is fairly valuable ($6K - $8K) I just compared it to other Marvel Keys in this grade. If this was any other early Marvel Key I'd have a small fortune, but DD 1 still doesn't get the love, even in 9.2.

I'm sure DD will have his day. I still remember him being my favorite marvel character when Frank Miller was writing him.

get-attachment-2aspx_zpsb06ab79e.jpeg

very nice :applause: