• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Coupon submissions received last week:

conan1cgc80pot.jpg

conan7cgc94pot.jpg

conan23cgc94pot.jpg

conan24cgc94pot.jpg

all those look severely under graded, the 9.4's look 9.6-9.8.

I guess 9.4 is the new 9.8, 9.2 is the new 9.6 and 9.0 is the new 9.4

They must have told the graders to adjust the curve down, or maybe the new graders aren't confident in saying something is a 9.6-9.8 or maybe the graders not talking to customers anymore means they don't have to think about the fairness of their grades from a customer standpoint anymore.

They must have told the graders to adjust the curve down, or maybe the new graders aren't confident in saying something is a 9.6-9.8 or maybe the graders not talking to customers anymore means they don't have to think about the fairness of their grades from a customer standpoint anymore.

I agree. I was dissappointed by all 4 grades to be honest, but I was especially shocked at the 8.0 on the Conan #1. I've seen graded 9.4's that look much worse. I struggle to find a flaw on the book in hand. (shrug)

I'm not going to lie, it's made me feel a bit gun-shy about sending in any more books.

I agree. I was dissappointed by all 4 grades to be honest, but I was especially shocked at the 8.0 on the Conan #1. I've seen graded 9.4's that look much worse. I struggle to find a flaw on the book in hand. (shrug)

I'm not going to lie, it's made me feel a bit gunshy about sending in any more books.

Could be a stain or light foxing.

I'm not going to lie, it's made me feel a bit gunshy about sending in any more books.

Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and pay for the graders notes.

The business model works!

Like making people pay extra for guaranteed turnaround times that really aren't guaranteed.

Like making people pay extra for guaranteed turnaround times that really aren't guaranteed.

CGC guarantees their turnaround times now? :o

CGC guarantees their turnaround times now? :o

Prior 9.6's are now 9.2's prior 9.8s are now 9.4s and prior 9.2s are now 9.0's. I'm never submitting anything again and getting out of this business. These new cgc graders are really blank-ers and have no idea what they are doing.

My first submission since joining. Honestly I don't have too much experience with grading but the WD#1 was near flawless except for a very tiny nick in the top left corner. I was pretty disappointed in the grade because if there were any other issues I sure did not see it. Sadly, they had to rush my order because they were going to be late after I emailed about the change in address process. Can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with it but oh well. Sorry for the bad cell phone pics.

welcome to Hammertown. the first submission is always a whipping. MY "9.8" Hulk 102 came back 8.5 - i remember it fondly ;)

My first sub was an ASM 129. Had it pegged at 9.0 it received a 9.2. (shrug)

Mine was X-Men #50 vol 1- Expected 9.2/9.4 and got 9.6 :o

But we are both in the cgc clique so it doesn't count.

Oh, that's right.

Regardless of the price the new owner has a killer book. The 9.6s will never see the light of day. Coming up with a price was not easy and I am grateful of the buyer. This book lasted under 3 hours on Clinks For Sale Section. I threw it up for $@*% & giggles. I wasn't really prepared to sell it. Heck, I'm no collector. Enjoy that book whoever you are.

Regardless of the price the new owner has a killer book. The 9.6s will never see the light of day. Coming up with a price was not easy and I am grateful of the buyer. This book lasted under 3 hours on Clinks For Sale Section. I threw it up for $@*% & giggles. I wasn't really prepared to sell it. Heck, I'm no collector. Enjoy that book whoever you are.

Great sale of a great book.

How many 9.6s are there? I know Jim Halperin has one and I cant see him selling anytime soon.