• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

here's what Fedex brought out here to SF (the first two arrived a few weeks back, the rest arrived yesterday)... Scanner is dead, so these are the best I could do with Camera...

Action252.jpg:luhv:

BB34.jpg

BB36.jpg

SO1.jpg

Av71.jpg:luhv:

ff112.jpg

Subs8.jpg:(

IH180.jpg

bats227.jpg:luhv:

bats234.jpg

bats244.jpg:(

Overall, not bad, Avengers 71 case delivered with large crack :mad: , so that is heading back for reholder. Batman 227 came back Cream to OW, but its pages were much better than the Sub Mariner which came back OW, so I think that is going back as resub, crossing fingers for PQ bump. And SubMariner 8 looks great but really got dinged for browning to inside covers. Otherwise, good submission. The late silver/early bronze books all came from same OO collection, now to send on runs of FF, ASM, Avengers from this collection, hoping for similar results!

Edited by kaylab

here's what Fedex brought out here to SF (the first two arrived a few weeks back, the rest arrived yesterday)... Scanner is dead, so these are the best I could do with Camera...

Overall, not bad, Avengers 71 case delivered with large crack :mad: , so that is heading back for reholder. Batman 227 came back Cream to OW, but its pages were much better than the Sub Mariner which came back OW, so I think that is going back as resub, crossing fingers for PQ bump. And SubMariner 8 looks great but really got dinged for browning to inside covers. Otherwise, good submission. The late silver/early bronze books all came from same OO collection, now to send on runs of FF, ASM, Avengers from this collection, hoping for similar results!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice. The Action 252 should be a keeper. Almost impossible to replace in that grade (highest).

Regarding the Batman 227, I would not chance a resub for PQ as you may get a lower grade. I have no proof of this, just a gut feel, but I believe CGC sometimes uses the PQ in conjunction with the grade for those 'tweeners'.

Example: the graders were divided on 9.4/9.6 . They may give you the 9.4 but with OW pages OR they may give you the 9.6 with Cr/OW pages. Lower grade/higher PQ or Higher grade/ lower PQ . If you think about it, this is fair, this is balanced.

For a BA book like Batman 227, a collector that wants PQ would probably not be happy with an OW. For a collector that chases the grade, again not much difference between OW or CR/OW, he probably doesn't care.

It looks like this collection had some structurally nice books but the PQ struggles a bit. Still good results, congrats.

Edited by bomber-bob

Action252.jpg:luhv:

BB34.jpg

BB36.jpg

SO1.jpg

Av71.jpg:luhv:

ff112.jpg

Subs8.jpg:(

IH180.jpg

bats227.jpg:luhv:

bats234.jpg

bats244.jpg:(

You got some nice books :grin: Sorry to hear one of the your books got a cracked case :( hope you get it fixed soon :)

Three books arrived today:

Fighting Yank #8 white pages :cloud9:

fightingyank8cgc55white.jpg

Startling #21 - The colors really pop on the cover of this one

And the last one - Startling #28

Great books as usual, you've got great taste! :luhv: the Fighting Yank #8

Nice results from the OO collection. Great books.