• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

I sent off two. As much as I want to keep this I am going to settle for the 9.8 and part with this one.... It sounds funny to say "settle for the 9.8" lol

[font:Book Antiqua]I can only begin to guess how many PM's are you receiving now...

lol

My advice: hold to the book, its only going up in value,

don't fall for the fast cash temptation.[/font]

2c

I sent off two. As much as I want to keep this I am going to settle for the 9.8 and part with this one.... It sounds funny to say "settle for the 9.8" lol

[font:Book Antiqua]I can only begin to guess how many PM's are you receiving now...

lol

2c

That's crazy talk.

1st & only 9.9?

Auction that baby ASAP :headbang:

k0Me4Ai.jpg

Just got back my coupon submission. I am very happy with three of them, but the fourth has me baffled.

What the? This one looked better than the Super Friends! Either CGC typed in the wrong grade, or there is something going on inside the book that I missed. However, there are no grader's notes??? How are there no grader's notes? There is no spine stress, the corners are sharp, the edges are sharp, there are no dents, bends stains, holes, etc. I almost want crack this out and re-sub because the difference in value between an 8.0 and a 9.8 is about $500!

Joker1CGC80WA_zps2b4072e1.jpg

You have to pay to get grader's notes.

I know, but CGC's website says that there are no notes available. I don't even have the option to buy them. I can see this with a 9.8 as there is not much to note. However, I would think an 8.0 would warrant notes to explain how they arrived at this grade.

Hey Kaptain!

Ok, I see what the main problem is with this book.

Apparently, this book was kept in a comicbag for a *long* time. Long enough that that the plastic of the bag adhered to the front cover in places.

As some point in the past, when the book was finally removed from the bag, the bag took a lot of color and ink from the front cover.

If you look at the big "JOKER" logo, it should be a solid red. However, all those yellow streaks on the logo are from where color was literally peeled off the front cover.

(And this probably happened years ago- if something like this occurred when one of the graders at CGC removed a book from a bag, CGC would contact the submitter. While this is not a common defect, it is one we see every once in a while in the grading room. It seems to be most common with DCs and Marvel from the 70s and early 80s and almost always affects the reds in the cover the most.)

That's why, even though it looks *structurally* to be around a 9.4, it only got a VF grade.

I'm sorry it didn't get as high as you were hoping for.

I like this. CGC graders come on board explaining why it didn't grade as high. My opinion is...this is excellent customer service.

I like it too, but it does beg the question of why grader's notes were not available when there clearly were things to be noted. It also makes me wonder why they charge $5 for information they'll distribute for free on their chat board.

Because sometimes good customer service is worth more than $5….

That's great, until the next guy who has to pay the $5 wonders why "customer service" doesn't apply to them too. Next time I get a head-scratcher I'm just bringing it to the chat boards until a grader gives me free notes too.

lol

2c

That's crazy talk.

1st & only 9.9?

k0Me4Ai.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]To sell or not to sell,

That is the question...

[/font]

:juggle:

carracci-agostino-whispering-angel_zps06f62739.jpg

lol

2c

That's crazy talk.

1st & only 9.9?

k0Me4Ai.jpg

That is the question...

[/font]

If a lottery ticket depreciated in value over time, would you hold on to it.....or cash it immediately?

lol

2c

That's crazy talk.

1st & only 9.9?

k0Me4Ai.jpg

That is the question...

[/font]

If a lottery ticket depreciated increase in value over time, would you hold on to it.....or cash it immediately?

2c

:foryou:

[font:Book Antiqua]For you...

The OP hit the jackpot,

doesn't matter if he sell now or later,

he will have a nice profit...

[/font]

It'll matter if another 9.9 or a 10 come along 2c

The OP hit the jackpot,

[/font]

[font:Book Antiqua]This is not NM # 98,

this is a 30 + years old book...

[/font]

2c

The OP hit the jackpot,

[/font]

[/font]

2c

It doesn't change my point (shrug)

lol

2c

That's crazy talk.

1st & only 9.9?

k0Me4Ai.jpg

That is the question...

[/font]

If a lottery ticket depreciated increase in value over time, would you hold on to it.....or cash it immediately?

2c

He can sell this 9.9 and buy back the second 9.9 for half of what he sells this one for.

lol

2c

That's crazy talk.

1st & only 9.9?

k0Me4Ai.jpg

That is the question...

[/font]

2c

He can sell this 9.9 and buy back the second 9.9 for half of what he sells this one for.

^^

The OP hit the jackpot,

[/font]

[/font]

2c

[font:Book Antiqua]It doesn't but the age of the book diminished the possibilities...

[/font]

The OP hit the jackpot,

[/font]

[/font]

2c

[font:Book Antiqua]It doesn't but the age of the book diminished the possibilities...

[/font]

You may be right, I honestly don't know what the print run was on that annual. Either way, I agree that selling sooner rather than later is the wise move 2c