• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

Just got back my coupon submission. I am very happy with three of them, but the fourth has me baffled.

Woo hoo!

BattlestarGalacticaMarvel1CGC98WACopy2_zps513a85d8.jpg

Woo hoo!

MachineMan1CGC98WA_zps8f34a6fa.jpg

Woo hoo!

SuperFriends1CGC98WA_zpsea2d8604.jpg

What the? This one looked better than the Super Friends! Either CGC typed in the wrong grade, or there is something going on inside the book that I missed. However, there are no grader's notes??? How are there no grader's notes? There is no spine stress, the corners are sharp, the edges are sharp, there are no dents, bends stains, holes, etc. I almost want crack this out and re-sub because the difference in value between an 8.0 and a 9.8 is about $500!

Joker1CGC80WA_zps2b4072e1.jpg

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

Just got back my coupon submission. I am very happy with three of them, but the fourth has me baffled.

What the? This one looked better than the Super Friends! Either CGC typed in the wrong grade, or there is something going on inside the book that I missed. However, there are no grader's notes??? How are there no grader's notes? There is no spine stress, the corners are sharp, the edges are sharp, there are no dents, bends stains, holes, etc. I almost want crack this out and re-sub because the difference in value between an 8.0 and a 9.8 is about $500!

You have to pay to get grader's notes.

I know, but CGC's website says that there are no notes available. I don't even have the option to buy them. I can see this with a 9.8 as there is not much to note. However, I would think an 8.0 would warrant notes to explain how they arrived at this grade.

I know, but CGC's website says that there are no notes available. I don't even have the option to buy them. I can see this with a 9.8 as there is not much to note. However, I would think an 8.0 would warrant notes to explain how they arrived at this grade.

Absolutely. I'd give them a call and ask about that particular book. Sounds like an explanation is definitely warranted. Looks beautiful to me. (shrug)