• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Do Mile High Chuck, Einstein, & Pasteur Have in Common?

17 posts in this topic

If you can't tell, I get great pleasure from reading the surreal newsletters Chuck sends out periodically. Here is the latest:

"My final item for today is to once again thank all of you who've written in to me thanking me for the personal nature of my columns. Lynne has been passing on to me a steady stream of supportive e-mails, and those help boost my morale immeasurably. One writer made me smile a great deal yesterday, as he told me that in reading many of my e-mails that he had come to the conclusion that he really thought that I was a "nerd." In contemplating that realization, however, he suddenly gained the insight that that he fell into exactly that same category, and that reading my e-mails about the Rozanski family and the world of Mile High Comics actually brought him pleasure. While many of you might think that comment a rather backhanded compliment, I most certainly do not. When you think about it, it is not the nerds of the world who cause the wars and destruction that plague us all. It is the nerdy folks like Albert Einstein, Louis Pasteur, and George Washington Carver who have helped bring us the technological advancements that have changed the world in a positive fashion for all mankind. Calling me a nerd is just about the nicest accolade I could ever hear. Thank you!"

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

When you think about it, it is not the nerds of the world who cause the wars and destruction that plague us all. It is the nerdy folks like Albert Einstein, Louis Pasteur, and George Washington Carver who have helped bring us the technological advancements that have changed the world in a positive fashion for all mankind.

ScarFace is in da Hizzo...ta punk slap dis bizzo. acclaim.gif

Apparently da Chuckster has never heard of nerds like Edward Teller, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Enrico Fermi, or Richard Feynman and da Manhattan Project. devil.gif

When you think about it, it is not the nerds of the world who cause the wars and destruction that plague us all. It is the nerdy folks like Albert Einstein, Louis Pasteur, and George Washington Carver who have helped bring us the technological advancements that have changed the world in a positive fashion for all mankind.

Apparently da Chuckster has never heard of nerds like Edward Teller, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Enrico Fermi, or Richard Feynman and da Manhattan Project. devil.gif

Nope... they didn't have comic collections he could steal... blush.gif

Nope... they didn't have comic collections he could steal... blush.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Let's see... Rozanski, Einstein, Pasteur... they're all dead!?! Nope, dammit...

Rozanski, Einstein, Pasteur... they're all living in the past!?! Well, maybe, but that's not it...

Rozanski, Einstein, Pasteur...they're all candidates for sainthood?!? Sigh...

Rozanski, Einstein, Pasteur... they all made significant contributions to humankind?!?! hm. Getting colder...

Rozanski, Einstein, Pasteur... they all have 8 letters in their last name if you Pasteurr with two Rs? Okay, that's a stretch...

Ah - I got it!

They all took credit for other people's work!!! Oh, no, that's just Chuck... hmmm... Can I get back to you later?

Rozanski, Einstein, Pasteur...

I've got it!

They all have 3 vowels in their names...

Or... how about they all have "uncommon" hairstyles.

Chuck's hair... we know. Einstein's hair... we know.

...and here's Pasteur's "wind-swept, shoulda-hadda-V8 doo":

pasteur.jpg

grin.gif

I always check out the CBG columns. Lots of time though, I quit reading after a few paragraphs. I'll still read the columns regardign the Church's or anytime he talks about he Good Old Convention Days. Those are classics.

Chris

yknow, I feel hypocritical reading his stuff now since I rag on him all the time. hes such a tool...so why waste my time, even if only to look for more ridiculousness. I find nothing useful at all in anything he has to say about his epic role on the comics industry.

as for CBG as a whole (while im on the subject).... its at a loww ebb for me lately.

I get better info and ideas from these boards than the OH SO letters.

I dont read the stupid reviews.

The CGC info was helpful....but thats a quick read.

Peter David column seems old...

what am I leaving out?

as for CBG as a whole (while im on the subject).... its at a loww ebb for me lately.

I get better info and ideas from these boards than the OH SO letters.

I have sent in a slew of letters recently that haven't been published that I am a bit sore about. I wonder why they always publish Chris Jurich and not me? 893frustrated.gif

DAM

He actually puts himself in league with these guys?

Unbelievable. Talk about EGOTISM . Honestly, I could get past the whole Church robbery thing, and I could ignore his ridiculous prices, but he keeps giving me more reasons to dislike him. Unreal.

Part of me dosen't want to read, but the other part is morbidly facinated with his apparent self-obsession. 893frustrated.gif