• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color 386 in last Heritage auction

14 posts in this topic

Any thoughts as to why this book (a file copy) went for $1912? The GPA avg. for a 7.0 is $424. Granted guide is around $575 for this book but 4x guide and 5x GPA is a hefty premium, especially for a book with a big stain on the FC.

Heritage

Any thoughts as to why this book (a file copy) went for $1912? The GPA avg. for a 7.0 is $424. Granted guide is around $575 for this book but 4x guide and 5x GPA is a hefty premium, especially for a book with a big stain on the FC.

Heritage

2 bidders "REALLY" wanted it (shrug)

Heritage

Yeah. I guess my point is that in contrast with the Action 7 auction, this book is "pretty" common. An 8.5 file copy sold in 2006 for less money.

Heritage

I had an 8.5 in the last VCC for $2k, and no bites. It cracks me up how folks will get caught up in the bidding as a competitive thing. Think there's any buyer's remorse there?

I had an 8.5 in the last VCC for $2k, and no bites. It cracks me up how folks will get caught up in the bidding as a competitive thing. Think there's any buyer's remorse there?
So, are you raising the price of your 8.5 accordingly or are you just shaking your head at the 7.0 price? Makes you go hm doesn't it?

Heritage

Timing and location are everything. I don't think the VCC or the boards' marketplace are particularly good barometers.

Heritage

Timing and location are everything. I don't think the VCC or the boards' marketplace are particularly good barometers.

I do realize that. It just goes to show you deals can still be found. If my 8.5 goes to Comiclink, it will probably be priced higher.

So, are you raising the price of your 8.5 accordingly or are you just shaking your head at the 7.0 price? Makes you go hm doesn't it?

More shaking my head... The price is still good here. If I put it on ComicLink or something, it will probably go up.

You were asked about your FC that were in the VCC via PM by me yet you never responded with the list and prices. It is very frustrating as a buyer when you want to spend money and people who have books for sale do not respond to your inquiries. Please do not think I am singling you out as you are just one of many people I have tried to buy books from who simply do not respond to inquiries. And for the record, I had nothing to do with the FC 386 price as I only collect 8.0 or better

I see this price as a HUGE anomaly. An 8.0 sold in Nov. '07 for 1015 and in Aug.'07 for 1553. $1912 for 7.0 file copy is just a huge leap. I don't know that it signals a beginning of insane prices for Ducks. At least I hope not. However, it may be that it reflects the weak dollar since we know there are a large number of Barks collectors abroad.

I don't see the 7.0 as setting a new floor for the 386.

I see this price as a HUGE anomaly. An 8.0 sold in Nov. '07 for 1015 and in Aug.'07 for 1553. $1912 for 7.0 file copy is just a huge leap. I don't know that it signals a beginning of insane prices for Ducks. At least I hope not. However, it may be that it reflects the weak dollar since we know there are a large number of Barks collectors abroad.

I don't see the 7.0 as setting a new floor for the 386.

I wouldn't think so either. There are just too many copies around (although no high grade ones last time I checked Comiclink or Metro's sites)