• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another raw book (SS #4) from Heritage - POLL

#1 cover of the Silver Age??  

138 members have voted

1. 1. #1 cover of the Silver Age??

16 posts in this topic

Just sitting here waiting for a bunch of supplies from Russell (ComicSupply) and decided to seek some more grading advice. Trying to keep the requests down to no more than one or two a day.

This is one of 8 books that i purchased from Heritage back in March of 2004. There were 6 issues of Silver Surfer (1,2,3,4,6 & 7) and they all look to be within a half point of this book.

I'm thinking that they did quite a good job in their estimates, but need your help to make a reasonable comparison. so, forgetting what grade they assigned (i'll reveal in a couple of days) what do you think of this book??

SilverSurfer002.jpg

SilverSurfer003.jpg

7.5...I think that LRFC keeps it from going higher....

I voted 7.5 too. Hate to be that harsh on a book that looks like a 9.0, but yeah....LRFC and the thumb creasing along the right edge. Enough color broken to keep out of VF, but maybe it would squeak by as an 8.0 anyway. Super book!

7.5: LRFC, thumb crease on right edge, and what appears to be another crescent-shaped thumb crease on the top edge above the Comics Code stamp (slightly to the left of centre of the stamp). Oh, and the slightly blunted/rough corners.

7.5: LRFC, thumb crease on right edge, and what appears to be another crescent-shaped thumb crease on the top edge above the Comics Code stamp (slightly to the left of centre of the stamp). Oh, and the slightly blunted/rough corners.

this summarizes the minimal defects quite well.............. (thumbs u

but this is a book that you have to have in hand to really appreciate - all else is beautiful and the color strike and gloss is amazing...............the board concensus after 25 votes is a numerical 8.26.

Heritage graded this and 2 of the other 5 books as a VF- (7.5) (thumbs u ...........will be interesting to see what CGC has to say, as this is going in..............personally, i agree with the board and think an 8.0 or 8.5............. :wishluck: