• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate stuff

17 posts in this topic

Ultimate Spider-Man is a book that I look forward to every month. For a few issues over the summer, it kinda dragged (remeber Geldoff?), but overall it has been consistently good. I like the art, and the writing is fantastic.

And, call me "johnny-come-lately", but I just started reading Ultimate X-men. Read the first trade yesterday in one sitting (wnet to shop today and picked up trades 2 & 3). I was hooked from the start. Millar writes great teams. I'm glad that he and Bendis are collaborating on Ultimate FF!

Chris

And, call me "johnny-come-lately", but I just started reading Ultimate X-men. Read the first trade yesterday in one sitting (wnet to shop today and picked up trades 2 & 3). I was hooked from the start. Millar writes great teams. I'm glad that he and Bendis are collaborating on Ultimate FF!

I am right there with you Chris. I was really late to the Ultimate titles but I'm glad I took the leap!

Russ

Ultimate Spider-Man is a book that I look forward to every month. For a few issues over the summer, it kinda dragged (remeber Geldoff?), but overall it has been consistently good. I like the art, and the writing is fantastic.

Chris

Best part of the Geldoff arc - the Ultimate X-Women!!! I could see Ultimate affair between Kitty Pride and Peter tongue.gif and the dynamic with Jean GReay was too funny...

the dynamic with Jean GReay was too funny...

No doubt. I really like her in UXM as well. The way her character is handled is great. I know when I'm done reading all the trades I'm going to end up adding this to my pull list.

Chris

Is that going to be yet another Ultimate Revision of Elektra or am I misreading the cover?

Assuming that you are referring to the woman on the cover looking like Elektra, then you would be right...that is Elektra. I must say, she does not look very much like the one in Ultimate DD & Elektra.

The solicitation for this books says : "Claws," part 3 of 4. It's an Ultimate Cat fight when Black Cat and Elektra face off, with Spider-Man caught in the middle.

thumbsup2.gif

Assuming that you are referring to the woman on the cover looking like Elektra, then you would be right...that is Elektra. I must say, she does not look very much like the one in Ultimate DD & Elektra.

That's one thing that kinda bugs me about the Ultimate characters, they seem to change at the drop of a hat. All the Ultimate Characters is Team-up have gone, and it seems that each author has carte blanche to create a new revision as needed.

At this rate, it will only take them a few years to exceed the continuity problems in the current Marvel Universe. makepoint.gif