• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Have a Hi-Res Pic of Kiss Dripping Their Blood in the Comic Book Ink Vat?

42 posts in this topic

I think I'll win the prize for the weirdest thread title in board history...

A friend is giving a comic book related lecture and he really needs a good scan/pic of Kiss from when they were photographed dripping their blood into the ink vat for their Marvel Treasury Edition printing. It was notarized and all. We know the pic exists as he found a tiny low res one that will not work in the presentation.

If anyone has one, they're probably on these boards, so...any help will be appreciated!

Man, those guys, I used to be in the Kiss Army and all that . Now, I realize what sellouts they are, sad, sad, sad.

Yeah, but their first few albums are still fine examples of Rock-and-Roll as it used to be before everyone got so darn "serious" all the time. There are some VERY tough and catchy hard Rock songs on those records -- if they'd have had a truly great, sleazy & salacious lead singer (of the Mick Jagger mold), I think more people would remember them today as a cut above the goofy kiddie cartoon characters they ultimately became...

I think more people would remember them today as a cut above the goofy kiddie cartoon characters they ultimately became...

But wasn't that their schtick right from the get-go ???... (shrug)

I think more people would remember them today as a cut above the goofy kiddie cartoon characters they ultimately became...

But wasn't that their schtick right from the get-go ???... (shrug)

Sort of. At first, at least, it was really more of a glam thing that kept getting more and more over the top--in terms of makeup, costumes, and theatrics--with each successive tour and album. Check out some videos of them from the early '70s on Youtube to see what I mean:

Kiss, 1973

Alice Cooper band was better & first... :baiting:

Amen. And let's not forget the New York Dolls...

Funny how Kiss never really took off in Britain but the far less successful Dolls were hugely important...

Alice Cooper did pretty well in the U.K., tho'. :headbang: