• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 copy of AA #16?!

188 posts in this topic

Board member Ashrael posted this in the "Census Updated" thread in General, but it didn`t seem to evoke much response as the folks there were more interested in talking about a 10.0 copy of 300 #1, or some such. doh!

This is pretty incredible, considering it`s been always considered to be one of the toughest mega-keys to find in any kind of decent condition. I assume this is not the MH copy. Anyone know anything about this copy?

Board member Ashrael posted this in the "Census Updated" thread in General, but it didn`t seem to evoke much response as the folks there were more interested in talking about a 10.0 copy of 300 #1, or some such. doh!

This is pretty incredible, considering it`s been always considered to be one of the toughest mega-keys to find in any kind of decent condition. I assume this is not the MH copy. Anyone know anything about this copy?

It is the Mile High copy.

Isn`t the MH copy owned by the Dentist? Why would he suddenly be slabbing it now?

I assume this is not the MH copy. Anyone know anything about this copy?

I was hoping it was yours.

I didn't know Verzyl was going to get it slabbed.

Isn`t the MH copy owned by the Dentist? Why would he suddenly be slabbing it now?

Nope. it belongs to John Verzyl

Thanks Bill. Any idea why he decided to slab it? Should we expect to see a bunch of MH Timelys being slabbed soon?

he told me in Chicago last year that he was contemplating selling it. He had turned down some very large offers for it. North of $800K if memory serves. He mused that he might get it graded and make it available. Looks like he decided to at least do the first part. Let's see if he offers it out.

Thanks Bill. Any idea why he decided to slab it? Should we expect to see a bunch of MH Timelys being slabbed soon?

he told me in Chicago last year that he was contemplating selling it. He had turned down some very large offers for it. North of $800K if memory serves. He mused that he might get it graded and make it available. Looks like he decided to at least do the first part. Let's see if he offers it out.

I wonder if he expected the 9.4, or a 9.6.

For the life of me, I just can't figure out who would have graded this book? hm

As CGC is a completely independent grading service, Steve B has stated many times that the submission process is completely anomynous and he would never be able to grade a particular book if he knew who the submitter was.

I guess this book was probably graded by a member of the janitorial staff who knows nothing about the comic books. lol

Don't expect any Church Timely's to be slabbed soon, but certainly some big news regarding this book.

I'm guessing(and yes, I'm totally guessing) that we're going to hear an announcement of its sale for 1.2 mil.