• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will the freight cost more than the book??

8 posts in this topic

What's Registered Priority Insured shipping?

He's shipping it registered via priority mail and insuring it. The price is the same for priority postage plus about $7.85 for registered. The insurance amount is cheaper to ship it registered than not. So if you have a book that sells for over $1000, it's usually cheaper to send it registered than plain priority/insured.

The drawback is the box can not have any cello tape or any labels. You need to use the brown tape that you have to wet before applying. But when you ship it registered, your package is kept under lock and key each step of it's journey. Thus the reason for the lower insurance amount.

A $1000 book can be shipped across country registered/insured for under $20. So the seller is charging double of what it is likely to cost him.

What's Registered Priority Insured shipping?
He's shipping it registered via priority mail and insuring it.

You can do both!? confused.gif

I've shipped registered and priority but never knew you could combine the two. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Neato.

I've only used Registered Mail a couple of times, the most recent was my CGC submission.

Thanks for the info Darth! thumbsup2.gif