• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Misc. SA and BA Marvels (lots and single books) PRICES REDUCED! more to come

119 posts in this topic

Thread has been updated and prices reduced on remaining books (see thread for complete descriptions). Here's a quick summary:

Captain Marvel #14: VF-. $12.

Early Daredevil Lot: #5, #9, #11. $100 shipped in the US.

Avengers #22: Fine+. $15.

Daredevil Special #1: VG+. $5.

Lots more books coming later tonight and throughout the week!

Best,

Mikey

...or sooner than 45 minutes, and now with BIGGER scans!!!

Sub-Mariner #11: Fine-. Flat and solid, tough black cover, some minor tanning to the upper edge of the bc. Great Colan cover and interior art!

$8

subby11.jpg

Sub-Mariner #9: From the same collection as the previous Subby. Flat and glossy, DEEP cover reds, with the obvious issues along the right-hand edge of the front cover (effects the first 5 or 6 pages, too). Would be a nice VF or so, but as-is? Call it a VG that looks and feels MUCH nicer.

$6

subby9.jpg

Sub-Mariner #2: The good: deep, bright colors, blacks are VERY black, glossy, very clean, very solid. The bad: front and back covers are rippled in spots. Could've been a beautiful VF, but as-is, call it a VG/FN that presents much better than that.

$9

subby2.jpg

Iron Man #5: Whoa! How did I end up with this one? Deep, beautiful colors, flat, tight, VERY glossy...1.50 written in pencil along the top margin of the bc, a few ncb creases/spine dings (very hard to see, even in hand) and a dented bottom staple are about the worst of it. Nice book! VF.

$40

ironman5.jpg

ironman5-bc.jpg

Iron Man #2: Another flat, tight, solid copy with bright colors, good gloss...and rippled covers. Nice book otherwise. I like to think of it as one of the best looking and feeling VG/FN copies ever!

$18

ironman2.jpg

...or, take all three Iron Mans for $50 $40 shipped in the US, and I'll throw in my reader copy of #8 (missing the cf, but the story still makes sense...I've been reading it that way since the late '70s!)...

ON HOLD!!!

th_ironman2.jpgth_ironman5.jpgth_ironman7.jpg

and the freebie:

th_ironman8.jpg

Daredevil #53: Origin retold. Someone in the General forum wanted to know why Marvel Comics #1 was such a big deal back in the '70s, and why Action 1 and Detective 27 were considered relative second stringers. I think it's because the first Marvels (or, in my case, the first OLD Marvels) many of us read were as cool as this one: great characters; great cover; high drama; quick humor; a classic, timeless origin story; great art and writing...Marvel made you care. Whereas a comparable, run-of-the-mill issue of, say, Action or Detective from 1969 was kinda sorta...eh.

Anyway, just my 2c . This copy is a Good+ -- writing on fc, popped bottom staple, etc., etc. Great reader because it's great to read.

$4

daredevil53.jpg