• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller's First Art On Wolverine?

14 posts in this topic

I just got this email from a friend...anyone know?

"What comic book is Frank Miller's first artwork on Wolverine? I think I know the answer to this as I just had a book graded and it came back noting that Frank Miller did the cover alone -it has Wolverine and predates the 1982 mini-series!"

I always thought it was the Limited Series. Did your friend say if Wolverine was on the cover of the book? It could be a Miller cover w/out Wolverine. If not, then maybe it's your friends book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris

I would hazard a guess that it would be Marvel Team Up 100. While Wolverine is not on the cover (which Miller did do), he is on the inside on page 17. Since Miller did do the interior pencils on the book that would mean that this was his first work on Wolverine.

Marvel Team Up 100 - December 1980

Wolverine LS 1 - September 1982

I would hazard a guess that it would be Marvel Team Up 100. While Wolverine is not on the cover (which Miller did do), he is on the inside on page 17. Since Miller did do the interior pencils on the book that would mean that this was his first work on Wolverine.

Hmmm, I asked him which book it was and still waiting for a response. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmm.... that's a pretty weak 'first Miller Wolverine' though. After all, it's just his head in the foreground. I can't imagine anyone paying a big premium for that. The MTU 100 seems more substantial...

Hmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I have the MTU #100 with a double cover cloud9.gif

Yeah, that just occured to me as well...I checked O'Street and it does credit Miller/Austin with the cover. Wolverines head is on the cover, so that would qualify as Miller doing Wolverine...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe Steve B can clarify???