• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name change and belated introduction

51 posts in this topic

We've had some fun chatting on the boards!!

Welcome from TUPENNY!!

Be careful not to change your avatar too soon so that we'll all know who you are!!

Either I need glasses or I think all the pics are blurry :whistle:

Very, very poor digital camera. I keep meaning to buy a nice new one, but then I spend all my money on comics doh!

Maybe you could do a stick-figure drawing of the covers of your comics instead :baiting:

Like this?

A1Fun0001.jpg

Very, very poor digital camera. I keep meaning to buy a nice new one, but then I spend all my money on comics doh!

Maybe you could do a stick-figure drawing of the covers of your comics instead :baiting:

Like this?

A1Fun0001.jpg

lol Your own work? Impressive :grin:

Like this?

A1Fun0001.jpg

Thinking of sending it in to get CGC SS graded. lol

Like this?

A1Fun0001.jpg

Thinking of sending it in to get CGC SS graded. lol

Don't they slab sketches now?

Cool stuff CC and great to know you.

Thanks!

One more pic (or pics). I also love the OA! Lord knows I can't afford it, but that leads me on to another of my characteristics: I spend beyond my means :grin:

I've placed another of my oh-so-effective limits on my buying for OA, which is to only buy Hellblazer pieces.

From Hellblazer #6 (John Ridgway)

Hellblazer6pg4-5.jpg

Opening splash from #8

Hellblazer8pg4.jpg

DPS from #13 (Richard Piers-Rayner)

hellblazer13p2and3.jpg

I have a few more. Working on getting at least one example of every Hellblazer artist :)

John is my fave as well! I just got another page from #4. Do you have any from issue 4?

John is my fave as well! I just got another page from #4. Do you have any from issue 4?

Those are my only John Ridgway pages. I like his stuff a lot and would definitely pick up more if the right pieces came along at the right price!

There's one from #8 up on ebay right now but it doesn't grab me.

Would your page be the one with young Gemma on the swings speaking to three strange girls? Saw that one go on ebay recently. I was sorely tempted to bid but I didn't 'need' it badly enough to put myself further in debt lol

Hey CC welcome to the boards. I can really relate to your story. I also pulled out my old comic collection with the intention of getting the lay of the land and selling it off. Before I knew it I was hooked again and it wasn't like folks on these boards hadn't warned me. So this is my third go round, the first '64 - '68, the second '85 - '90 and here I am again, on the trail of god knows what. I love your description of your collecting habits as that of a magpie. That's me in spades.

Needless to say in my '80's period Hellblazer was one of the titles that grabbed me (hooked through Swampthing.) S'truth.

Not just me then! They're a real link to the past aren't they? I have a few longboxes of 'junk' in a spare room at my mum's place - 80's Marvels of no value at all. On the very rare occasion that I open those boxes up, I find I can remember just how it felt to be me 25 years ago. That's what draws me back in.

To be honest I preferred your old name. :baiting:

Nice old school collecting habits there, compadre!

Don't you go making me second-guess meself!

Hellblazer's always been an unwieldy name. The only reason Constantine got lumped with it is that Clive Barker unleashed Hellraiser on the world just as DC were about to launch their Hellraiser! A last minute name change resulted in the clunky Hellblazer doh!

Aaaaaaaaaand...... POST 1000 !

:acclaim:

And with that I bid you all goodnight! :grin:

Wow.. your story sounds a lot like mine.. Collect all thru the 60's and 70's.. Put comics away and start a business and raise a family.. Sell the business, take out the old comic collection to sell and find myself wanting to buy buy buy!!!! Ut oh..I have a bad feeling about this... Congrats to you anyway!!

Maybe I'll post another pic or two...

Dupes

I know it's crazy, Cal knows it's crazy :jokealert:, but sometimes I don't know when to stop! These aren't 'investment' stashes (like my Turok #1 stash :grin:) . I just can't resist picking up extra copies of comics I really like when I find them going cheap. You should see how many Hellblazer and Sandman #1's I have :blush:

ASM#59 happens to be my favourite Spidey cover of them all.

dupes.jpg

prog71s.jpg