• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

showcase-new-england

42 posts in this topic

His books all seemed fairly priced, but probably not priced low enough if they are restored. There is one I'd buy in a second (if legit) if it weren't for a date stamp :cry:

As an aside, how often do books under VG that are worth <300 come back restored? Seems like it'd be a waste of time.

Sorry to hear about that man. Obviously that sucks. Did you contact him asking for a refund? Or didnt want to bother being in the UK and all?

Yeah, on the first two items...gave up on the third.

The colour-touched ASM #39 was a refund/replacement for the X-Men #8 with the pages glued back in. doh!

doh! doh! Sorry man. Sure does suck a fat one

:sick:

Sorry to hear about that man. Obviously that sucks. Did you contact him asking for a refund? Or didnt want to bother being in the UK and all?

Yeah, on the first two items...gave up on the third.

The colour-touched ASM #39 was a refund/replacement for the X-Men #8 with the pages glued back in. doh!

doh! doh! Sorry man. Sure does suck a fat chubby one

(thumbs u

Rick

Not the friendliest communication from what I've experienced. He had an ASM #1 that I wanted to buy, but was charging a bit for shipping and handling. So, I asked if it was possible to pick the book up considering his hometown is shooting distance from where I work. Not only did he say no (which is his choice of course), but he was pretty rude about it. A simple no works perfectly fine. :shrug:

I spoke with Dan G on the phone last week about buying some books and he was very polite. Called me back at 9:30 pm after he'd been on the road all day and was very easy to deal with.

I bought a Batman 18 from him which was trimmed on 3 sides (undisclosed of course). He took it back (but I paid the shipping both ways). I watched him sell the same book three times on Ebay. Two time raw with no disclosure of the trimming and the third time in a CGC holder with a purple label saying "TRIMMED". Since then, I haven't bought anything. I consider them a total crook. If you catch them, they will take it back, if you don't that's even better!

I bought a Batman 18 from him which was trimmed on 3 sides (undisclosed of course). He took it back (but I paid the shipping both ways). I watched him sell the same book three times on Ebay. Two time raw with no disclosure of the trimming and the third time in a CGC holder with a purple label saying "TRIMMED". Since then, I haven't bought anything. I consider them a total crook. If you catch them, they will take it back, if you don't that's even better!

(thumbs u

The X-Men #8 that I sent back appeared again on eBay with no mention of the page 're-insertion'. doh!

Concerning "Showcase"....I saw a few CGC books that I thought he had priced to move. It sounds like his "raw" books are in questions. Would one not buy a CGC book from them if it was a good price? or are those "in question" too? Curious, I would rather NOT just money into the wind...Thanks ( I have no purchases or experience with the outfit, but liked the pricing on a few CGC books...) Thoughts please..

Concerning "Showcase"....I saw a few CGC books that I thought he had priced to move. It sounds like his "raw" books are in questions. Would one not buy a CGC book from them if it was a good price? or are those "in question" too? Curious, I would rather NOT just money into the wind...Thanks ( I have no purchases or experience with the outfit, but liked the pricing on a few CGC books...) Thoughts please..

you will be fine with the CGC books. I have bought several from them.

They may be polite on the phone as one poster mentioned but their communication skills through e-mail leave a lot to be desired.

the real question is it worth supporting their business that obviously rips ppl off to get what you want.

the real question is it worth supporting their business that obviously rips ppl off to get what you want.

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Nail on head...but unfortunately not an opinion shared by many.

When it comes to the obsessive chasing of funny books, many would make deals with the devil to get their 'must haves'. How else would you explain how certain outfits remain in business, despite well-known and well-documented incidents of sharp practices? (shrug)

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Nail on head...but unfortunately not an opinion shared by many.

When it comes to the obsessive chasing of funny books, many would make deals with the devil to get their 'must haves'. How else would you explain how certain outfits remain in business, despite well-known and well-documented incidents of sharp practices? (shrug)

I was looking at there auctions last night. They have ALOT of modern slabs I want, but WAYYYY over priced. So obviously now I know not to deal with them also.

And I do not support dealers/sellers who have been O.K. with not having happy customers. If you have a trend of people who are not hapy with your service model, it is time to correct it. Which does not sound like what they are doing. Undisclosed resto and relisting items after being returned and still not disclosing???? They should be shut down. I may have bought from them before I joined the boards though... :eek:

I wasn't aware that they had previously sold restored raws without disclosure . . . :doh:

Over the past few days, I have hit their BIN on no less than 13 modern slabs, though. I'm sure my purchases will be OK, as they are blue-label slabs.

I wasn't aware that they had previously sold restored raws without disclosure . . . :doh:

Over the past few days, I have hit their BIN on no less than 13 modern slabs, though. I'm sure my purchases will be OK, as they are blue-label slabs.

I was looking at their moderns and they were all close to double GPA if not more ???

I was looking at their moderns and they were all close to double GPA if not more ???

The ones I bought were all Uncanny X-men 9.6s ranging from Issue #148 thru #201. Two of them cost $29.99. All of the other 11 books were only $19.99 --- couldn't get my own OO copies slabbed that cheap, when you factor in the shipping. And, I would obviously have no guarantee of 9.6 grades if I submitted myself . . . not to mention, all their BINs have free shipping. :cloud9:

The ones I bought were all Uncanny X-men 9.6s ranging from Issue #148 thru #201. Two of them cost $29.99. All of the other 11 books were only $19.99 --- couldn't get my own OO copies slabbed that cheap, when you factor in the shipping. And, I would obviously have no guarantee of 9.6 grades if I submitted myself . . . not to mention, all their BINs have free shipping. :cloud9:

9.8's in that range only sell for maybe $50.00 (shrug) I havent tracked those books but shouldnt they sell for less? They are extremely common in 9.8, I would think 9.6 would be less. And the beauty of subbing the super HG books is if you get some 9.8's sell them and get 2 9.6's for the same price!