• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another insane price.......

47 posts in this topic

People are paying huge coin for ultra-high grade copper.

People are going to continue to pay huge coin for ultra high grade copper.

People collect what they like and what they want. I don't see the big deal?

I just don't how to react to the crazy prices we're seeing for comics these days. Or more specifically, the crazy prices for slabs. That is, at best, a two dollar book in perfect raw NM condition. That book in a 9.4 slab would sell for 10 bucks or so.

People who are sitting on a large amoung of 9.6+ slabs they bought 5 years ago are staring at an incredible return. I keep thinking it's going to end but it just gets nuttier and nuttier.

hmm...i don't remember that book out of the usual mcfarlane run, what's the census compared to the other nearing issues?

That books has been considered to be the toughest book in the entire Mcfarlane run to find in 9.8. Probably two guys who needed the same issue.

R.

hmm...i don't remember that book out of the usual mcfarlane run, what's the census compared to the other nearing issues?

That books has been considered to be the toughest book in the entire Mcfarlane run to find in 9.8. Probably two guys who needed the same issue.

R.

The one on the comiclink auction last night closed at $130. A relative bargain? Or still overpriced? (shrug)

RADE731720071218_183333.jpg

When I collected ASM high grade that was by far the toughest ASM to find from 300-328.

Reports I heard was that there was a binding defect on a large number of them and with the partially black cover, it was hard to crack 9.8 on the book.

How about a 9.8 newsstand edition? I got close to $20 for my VF newsstand copy of #317 last year during the pre-movie run up. This was the best unread copy from the local grocery store in my hometown.