• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another insane price.......

47 posts in this topic

Is it just me or is McFarlane's art on Spider-Man painful to look at.

Very painful. (thumbs u

It was enough to put me off reading. I stopped buying ASM at #300 doh! I hated rubber-face Parker and sloppy-tongued drooling Venom with the comedy fangs.

Still, no denying he had a huge impact on the comic art scene. Some of his work is even quite cool...

Agree with everything you said, I stopped collecting shortly before issue #300 but I might have been pulled back in if McFarlane's art was better. The previous stuff from say issue #200-260 was just so good that everything after that was a huge letdown. Same thing happened to the FF series after Bryne left.

Is it just me or is McFarlane's art on Spider-Man painful to look at. Give me some Romita/Stern stuff all day long.

Just you! :insane:

But seriously if it wasn't for TMc I would neer have picked up any comics in the first place ! :headbang:

Is it just me or is McFarlane's art on Spider-Man painful to look at. Give me some Romita/Stern stuff all day long.

But seriously if it wasn't for TMc I would neer have picked up any comics in the first place ! :headbang:

You must be a youngin, missed all the good stuff when you were still in diapers. :grin:

Is it just me or is McFarlane's art on Spider-Man painful to look at.

Very painful. (thumbs u

What are you doing in the comic section? Shouldn't you be arguing about the housing market and gold futures in the Water Cooler? :baiting:

You must be a youngin, missed all the good stuff when you were still in diapers. :grin:

Yea I am 27 years old, and I started collecting comics at ASM #325, so basically I still missed the whole TMc run, but as you can see I collect ASM 1-350 graded.

I love the 200-300 run alot!

Agree with everything you said, I stopped collecting shortly before issue #300 but I might have been pulled back in if McFarlane's art was better. The previous stuff from say issue #200-260 was just so good that everything after that was a huge letdown. Same thing happened to the FF series after Bryne left.
A sad day for FF fans

Link.

I realize it's the only one on the census, but.... :screwy:

As a rule of thumb, I try to avoid buying books that would lose 99% of their value if cracked from the slab. Just doesn't seem like a wise investment.

I like the way you think (thumbs u

Link.

As a rule of thumb, I try to avoid buying books that would lose 99% of their value if cracked from the slab. Just doesn't seem like a wise investment.

Add me to the list.

Link.

Add me to the list.

Ditto