• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Freaks 'n Geeks--Anyone Seen This Show?

11 posts in this topic

Set in 1980-1981, this one-season only NBC show focuses on high school in the 80s. Pretty cool comedy that's actually well written--in my opinion anyhow. This doesn't completely predate me, but I was by NO means close to high school during this period, but I still remember much of the stuff.

Anyhow, just wondering how many others of you have seen this show and what'd you think of it?

Set in 1980-1981, this one-season only NBC show focuses on high school in the 80s. Pretty cool comedy that's actually well written--in my opinion anyhow. This doesn't completely predate me, but I was by NO means close to high school during this period, but I still remember much of the stuff.

Anyhow, just wondering how many others of you have seen this show and what'd you think of it?

I saw it a few years ago and loved it ! Even though I went to high school here in Belgium there were a lot of parallels with stuff I saw in the show and it really took me back.

In fact some of the episodes made me feel very nostalgic and brought back a lot of memories from when I was 12 - 14 years old.

I loved the episode where one of the kids gets a new-fangled games system, the Atari VCS and all his friends go over to his house and don't want to leave anymore. This happened to a lot of people in my age bracket.

My brothers were in middle school and high school during the 80s, so while I was a young kid, I still experienced MUCH of what they talk about in the show. I LOVED the last episode with the D&D game. WAY too funnny!

It's just a real shame that the show never made it past its first season.

Yeah I loved that show and like October said, its a great cast that went on to do bigger and better things. I hope they show reruns on TVLand or something.

Just buy the Series on DVD, it;s worth it. The best is when Bill tells his story about how he tried to sneak a fart in science class but it came out as a poop and his underwear had to be flushed down the toilet.And Smalls from The Sandlot plays the bully in the show.

this was a great tv show, i fondly remember the one show that showed one of the geeks with a dungeons & dragons monster book, the same one i had.

this show brought back fond times, wish they would have let it stay on longer.

:)