• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, How 'bout The Comics, huh?

83 posts in this topic

The most important thing about scanning is the DPI of your scan.

I know this has been discussed to death on the boards, but since we're on the subject...what do you recommend?

Are you reducing the size of the scans before posting them here?

Yes I use Photo Resizer to reduce them by 50%

That's part of the problem. Scan the books at the size you plan on posting them at.

Ah, I'll have to try that, thanks for the advice, that may be the problem (thumbs u

The most important thing about scanning is the DPI of your scan.

I know this has been discussed to death on the boards, but since we're on the subject...what do you recommend?

Here's 150 dpi at 100%

action473fc.jpg

So a thread about scanners is a change of pace from pressing and Nod? doh!

Your scans look processed and too small. You shouldn’t use any Photoshop filters if you want them to look right. Make sure you are scanning at 100% and a resolution of 200 – 300 dpi. Once you’re satisfied with any cropping you may need, change the resolution in Photoshop to 72 dpi, and make sure the image size is around 8-9 inches or I forget how many pixels wide. If they’re not going to be printed, you don’t need a resolution greater than 72 dpi for a computer monitor, unless you want to enlarge them greater than actual size.

I’d also stick with a neutral gray or white background. Any colors are going to affect how the book looks.

Chris, do you use any tools to sharpen the image or is it, just a decent scanner and proper Dpi and size management?

I don't mess with the image at all. Another thing is to make sure you don't compress the image when you upload it to your image host.

So a thread about scanners is a change of pace from pressing and Nod? doh!

Your scans look processed and too small. You shouldn’t use any Photoshop filters if you want them to look right. Make sure you are scanning at 100% and a resolution of 200 – 300 dpi. Once you’re satisfied with any cropping you may need, change the resolution in Photoshop to 72 dpi, and make sure the image size is around 8-9 inches or I forget how many pixels wide. If they’re not going to be printed, you don’t need a resolution greater than 72 dpi for a computer monitor, unless you want to enlarge them greater than actual size.

I’d also stick with a neutral gray or white background. Any colors are going to affect how the book looks.

That's pretty darm comprehensive aid! Thank you sir! (worship)

Chris, do you use any tools to sharpen the image or is it, just a decent scanner and proper Dpi and size management?

I don't mess with the image at all. Another thing is to make sure you don't compress the image when you upload it to your image host.

Much appreciated, I think I've been going about this all backwards like doh!

Once you’re satisfied with any cropping you may need, change the resolution in Photoshop to 72 dpi, and make sure the image size is around 8-9 inches or I forget how many pixels wide.

550 pixels

Once you’re satisfied with any cropping you may need, change the resolution in Photoshop to 72 dpi, and make sure the image size is around 8-9 inches or I forget how many pixels wide.

550 pixels

550 pixels

I use 777 :sumo:

550 pixels

550 works best for Pedigree and Comic Link. :gossip:

Besides, all your scans are set to 666 anyway. :eek:

Thanks Chris, that's a great comparison. (thumbs u

The third one actually looks the best to me, 400dpi @100% reduced to 25%

Here's another that I tried with my the same technique that I used on all the others that I thought came out much better.

Xmen1-131520x782.jpg