• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, How 'bout The Comics, huh?

83 posts in this topic

With all the drama with NODs and PLODs and trimmers and scammers, I thought I might get back to the books a little bit here and ask your advice, on scans.

I notice a lot of folks here have absolutely beautiful, perfect scans of their books. I've also noticed that mine just weren't very sharp. After learning a thing or two about the Unsharp Mask in Photoshop I sharpened a few of my scans.

So, how do these look? Some, to me, appear a bit to light, and no amount of adjusting seemed to help, and I don't want them to appear altered...just accurate and sharp.

Avg1-11.jpg

With all the drama with NODs and PLODs and trimmers and scammers, I thought I might get back to the books a little bit here and ask your advice, on scans.

This is the CGC forum, comics have no place here :banana:

This is the CGC forum, comics have no place here :banana:

That's what I was afraid of :P

Beautiful books, Larry.

I don't think they look over processed. A lot of it depends on your monitor as well. When I scan a book, I still use Photoshop Elements 2.0 and use the auto level feature and the auto focus.

How did you manage an FF among those Avengers, accident?

Beautiful books, Larry.

I don't think they look over processed. A lot of it depends on your monitor as well. When I scan a book, I still use Photoshop Elements 2.0 and use the auto level feature and the auto focus.

How did you manage an FF among those Avengers, accident?

That FF musta just slipped in there :cloud9:

And I do use Photoshop 7.0 to auto adjust the levels, color and contrast.

I think I need to learn about the dpi, and maybe get a decent scanner :flamed: