• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay flipper/swindler that rivals Comickeys & Robojo33...check this out!

144 posts in this topic

He is providing decent pictures.In the case of the raw books,why should he be forced to use the previous owners grades? If he isn't breaking out PLODs and selling them as unrestored,and I didn't see that,why can't he grade them as he sees fit.

Do any of you go by the sellers grade or do you examine the scans provided?

He seems no worse than your typical ebay overgrader to me.

Problem is, he did break out a restored book and sell it as unrestored. Link

Okay. I agree that is not kosher. But I still don't see enough evidence to put him on the level of Koos or any of his shills.

I don't have a problem with his buying a book listed as VG and then calling it VF,if he supplies scans.Over the years,I've sold numereous books to dealers and had them regrade them. I've bought books from Shiverbones,Nik and Divad that I feel were undergraded and if and when I sell them I'll call them the grades I feel they are,not what they called them.

I don't have a problem with his buying a book listed as VG and then calling it VF,if he supplies scans.Over the years,I've sold numereous books to dealers and had them regrade them. I've bought books from Shiverbones,Nik and Divad that I feel were undergraded and if and when I sell them I'll call them the grades I feel they are,not what they called them.

Everybody has probably bought books they felt were undergraded and of course you grade them what you think they are when you sell them. That is not the issue.

This guy somehow manages to buy nothing...and I repeat nothing...but wildly undergraded comics on EBAY ONLY that go from VG to VF and Fine to VF/NM when he sells them. I have bought comics on eBay every single week for the past several years...literally thousands of transactions...and I can't recall a SINGLE time when I received a comic undergraded by that much. I know grading is somewhat subjective but give me a break.

And what about the comics he buys and puts up for sale within hours that go from VG to VF...what is your plausible explanation for that...that he is psychic?

Sheesh... :makepoint:

Everybody has probably bought books they felt were undergraded and of course you grade them what you think they are when you sell them. That is not the issue.

This guy somehow manages to buy nothing...and I repeat nothing...but wildly undergraded comics on EBAY ONLY that go from VG to VF and Fine to VF/NM when he sells them. I have bought comics on eBay every single week for the past several years...literally thousands of transactions...and I can't recall a SINGLE time when I received a comic undergraded by that much. I know grading is somewhat subjective but give me a break.

And what about the comics he buys and puts up for sale within hours that go from VG to VF...what is your plausible explanation for that...that he is psychic?

Sheesh... :makepoint:

I've dealt with both of you fine gentlemen . . . and I think that BOTH of your points are well taken. :foryou:

OK this one takes the cake. He listed this ASM Annual #1 THE SAME DAY HE BOUGHT IT! Clearly the same book...same scan...and it went from VG to VF without even receiving it. Wow...what an absolute TOOL!

Bought as: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250224920315

Selling as: http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-ANNUAL-1-VF-HIGH-GRADE_W0QQitemZ180223638697QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

We should start sending this stuff to the schmucks who buy from him... hm

WOW that really sucks; i couldn't help myself so i sent him a note and called him out on it............. :sumo:

He is providing decent pictures.In the case of the raw books,why should he be forced to use the previous owners grades? If he isn't breaking out PLODs and selling them as unrestored,and I didn't see that,why can't he grade them as he sees fit.

Come on, Bill - the guy bought the spidey annual as a 4.0 and lists it the same day before it's in his possession as an 8.0 (that's 8 grades higher fro those not wanting to count on there fingers :foryou: ) and conveniently leaves out the BC scan which shows a dirty, creased mess.

this is LOW............ :sumo:

I bought a raw book from him that still had the archival paper in it... :doh:

lol

All of my nicer (7.0+) recently rabagged SA Marvels are in Mylite 2's with Fullbacks and two pieces of Archival paper..............I wish i'd been able to that 30 years ago................ :(

Wow, it is amazing what this guy is getting away with. My guess is the reason you do not see this more often is that most people like this usually have different buyer accounts. The fact that this guy can make money off of comics is amazing. Good thing that these guys are so brazen. It makes it easier to spot them.

Problem is, he did break out a restored book and sell it as unrestored. Link

Okay. I agree that is not kosher. But I still don't see enough evidence to put him on the level of Koos or any of his shills.

I cannot believe that you would find calling a purchased VG, a VF on resale and conveniently not providing the BC scan (which is a mess). cause that's what he did using the original posters scan before he even had the comic to regrade. he's regrading it on the basis that the original FC SCAN (he didn't have the comic when listed) might pass as a 6.0 - 7.0.......this is BS......... :sumo:

Come on, Bill - the guy bought the spidey annual as a 4.0 and lists it the same day before it's in his possession as an 8.0 (that's 8 grades higher fro those not wanting to count on there fingers :foryou: ) and conveniently leaves out the BC scan which shows a dirty, creased mess.

He used the same photo as the seller who called it a 4.0.

Anyone who sees the scan is going to know its not an 8.0.

I'm only defending him to the point that he is no different from many other ebayers who, shall we say, are wildly optimistic with their grading.He'd have fit in perfect on the convention circuit in the 80s. Its strange that his buyers don't seem to be unhappy with the books,for the most part.

He used the same photo as the seller who called it a 4.0.

Anyone who sees the scan is going to know its not an 8.0.

I'm only defending him to the point that he is no different from many other ebayers who, shall we say, are wildly optimistic with their grading.He'd have fit in perfect on the convention circuit in the 80s. Its strange that his buyers don't seem to be unhappy with the books,for the most part.

i certainly agree with that last part...........but if I bought this particular book and then got a gander at that Back Cover, he'd have a neg for sure..........folks are remarkably forgiving on Ebay.

Hey, i left ComicKeys positive feedback :o before i realized who/what he was....

i certainly agree with that last part...........but if I bought this particular book and then got a gander at that Back Cover, he'd have a neg for sure..........folks are remarkably forgiving on Ebay.

Hey, i left ComicKeys positive feedback :o before i realized who/what he was....

I also agree. The reason steve1011 can get away with it and have decent feedback is the same reason most of the other overgrading sellers (albeit to a much lesser degree) on eBay have good feedback...it's because 95% of eBay buyers don't know how to grade either. Plus, they are too lazy (or too stupid) to really delve into a seller's buying and selling activities like we have! :sumo:

WOW that really sucks; i couldn't help myself so i sent him a note and called him out on it............. :sumo:

So did I...actually I've sent several "notes" over the past few days as I found more and more of his amazing "flips". I'm sure we won't be getting any replies...but it would be great if a bunch of us bombarded him to let him know we aren't happy with his lowlife selling tactics...perhaps threaten to contact some of his buyers? :devil:

I also agree. The reason steve1011 can get away with it and have decent feedback is the same reason most of the other overgrading sellers (albeit to a much lesser degree) on eBay have good feedback...it's because 95% of eBay buyers don't know how to grade either. Plus, they are too lazy (or too stupid) to really delve into a seller's buying and selling activities like we have! :sumo:

Is it that 95% of ebayers don't know how to grade or is it that folks here are super-critical graders and constantly searching for balrogs in the woodpile?

As far as our collective abilities to grade go,I'll call your attention to the various grading contests.How often were you spot on with CGCs grades? I was off quite a bit a few times. I recall showing Foolkiller a FF 50 I called a VF-,at a show,but he thought it was more of a Fine/Fine plus. We asked a dealer friend and he opined that it was a strong 5.5/weak 6.0.

Calling people stupid because they don't take the time to research where a seller got his book from is a bit elitist,in my opinion.If an ebayer buys a book at a price he thinks is fair,and doesn't complain,why should we care?

He's flipping books,and overgrading them. Not trimming them or color-touching them,as far as I can see. Not anywhere near a Dr Koos,which is my original point.