• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay flipper/swindler that rivals Comickeys & Robojo33...check this out!

144 posts in this topic

Take a look at eBay seller ssteve1011...he is as bad or worse than Comickeys/Robojo33 and doesn't even bother using separate ID's! He buys stuff on eBay and almost immediately puts it back up for sale...with a 3 or 4 grade (or more) bump! meh

He also doesn't bother using his own pics...he just copies the ones from the auctions he wins. Here is a link to his feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ssteve1011&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Check out his buying and selling history...lots of lovely "upgraded" sells including plenty of cracked out slabs, even PLOD's that become unrestored raw copies.

What a lovely, honest seller! :censored:

Take a look at eBay seller ssteve1011...he is as bad or worse than Comickeys/Robojo33 and doesn't even bother using separate ID's! He buys stuff on eBay and almost immediately puts it back up for sale...with a 3 or 4 grade (or more) bump! meh

He also doesn't bother using his own pics...he just copies the ones from the auctions he wins. Here is a link to his feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ssteve1011&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Check out his buying and selling history...lots of lovely "upgraded" sells including plenty of cracked out slabs, even PLOD's that become unrestored raw copies.

What a lovely, honest seller! :censored:

Does he say they have nothing done to them, or does he say they have markings repairs etc and simply doesn't use the terms you prefer. Not trying to defend the guy 'cause I don't know. But I can't blame anyone for cracking a book out of a PLOD. Hell, people on this board make no bones of cracking them to have resto removed and/or simply because there is absolutely no reason what-so-freaking ever to leave a book in a slab that is designed to say "hey look at this it's a big piece of sheize"). If you crack a PLOD and describe what was done to the book it is far better than leaving it in the slab -- and just as honest -- whether or not you use the word restored. As for relisting things with different grades, I have seen that done with my books by folks who would never be the subject of any chastising on this board. The defense, I presume, would have been that it was undergraded in the first place.

again, not defending or condemning this guy. Just curious about the details.

He doesn't make any mention of resto:

UP FOR AUCTION AMAZING SPIDERMAN 13 IN VF CONDITION. I HAVE SEVERAL KEY MARVEL BOOKS UP FOR AUCTION AND ALWAYS COMBINE SHIPPING.

Just looking at the first example, he's cracked a PGX 6.5 restored, and listed it as a straight VF. There is a clear pattern with the rest of his listings.

Also, if somebody scores only 4.0 out of 5.0 for 'item as described', then they should be avoided like the plague!

Classic. His latest purchase for $250:

5f65_1.JPG

Which is now listed as a raw VF with a BIN of $299.99:

62b4_1.JPG

Good catch!

Those are not the same book.

Not saying the scumbag wouldn't ship the CT'd one if you won the auction because he's sold like 3 ASM 13's with that same picture.

I bought a raw book from him that still had the archival paper in it... :doh:

I put archival sheets in all my GA books. I've had one guy freakout because he thought I had cracked a slab and sold the book raw, which I didn't....but so what if I had? As long as I didn't lie about the grade or resto.

Classic. His latest purchase for $250:

5f65_1.JPG

Which is now listed as a raw VF with a BIN of $299.99:

62b4_1.JPG

Good catch!

Those are not the same book.

Not saying the scumbag wouldn't ship the CT'd one if you won the auction because he's sold like 3 ASM 13's with that same picture.

Oops, right you are! Still, I'm willing to bet that the 6.5 resto is the one actually on offer, judging by the pattern in evidence and the timing.

Now THESE are the same book.

Nice mark up. I should start doing this. Seems to be good money in it. :whatev:

Buyer

Seller

Yeah, you're going to do well dealing in mostly high-demand Silver and Bronze books that you buy as VG and sell as VF. The fact that he has pretty decent feedback on massively overgraded books is yet another illustration of why this kind of business plan will always succeed: Lots of suckers out there!

His detailed seller ratings tell the tale.

3 negs in 3 months and the best they can say on the detailed is that his shipping is good.

why do people even bother?

Now THESE are the same book.

Nice mark up. I should start doing this. Seems to be good money in it. :whatev:

Buyer

Seller

Yeah, you're going to do well dealing in mostly high-demand Silver and Bronze books that you buy as VG and sell as VF. The fact that he has pretty decent feedback on massively overgraded books is yet another illustration of why this kind of business plan will always succeed: Lots of suckers out there!

Problem is, the books you buy on eBay are usually overgraded. Anyone with a conscience would have trouble kicking one of those POS books up a few more full grades for the flip.

This guy must be the luckiest buyer ever on eBay. Nobody gets that many undergraded books.

He should go buy a lottery ticket before it wears off.