• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your Coffin book?

86 posts in this topic

Was reading this week in your collection thread and Andy(October) mentioned that Headline Comics 8 was his "coffin" book...the one book you'll never part with(I know never say never). Anyway, what's yours and why. Here's Mine...

Way back in 1989 (when I was only 18 and in the youth of my collecting) I decided that I wanted the older books. I saw the issues of Yellow Claw in a dealer's catalog and wanted them more than any other books at the time. Saved my money for a year(minus beer and dates) and called the dealer...SOLD. Looked for one in the right grade and price and finally found it a couple years ago. Anyway, finally got it a couple years ago and it is the only untouchable in my collection.

YellowClaw1.jpg

If I had one that would be my coffin book too. (worship) Of course, sometimes I think I might have to buy more than one coffin.

Actually if I can ever be lucky enough to buy the the other copy I probably would keep my copy and corner the market. Would make great book ends. :cloud9:

Was reading this week in your collection thread and Andy(October) mentioned that Headline Comics 8 was his "coffin" book...the one book you'll never part with(I know never say never).

:cloud9:

headline8.jpg