• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 1 page !

25 posts in this topic

I know he's not really expecting to get his BIN (at least, that's my impression)....

$ asking price

The seller is in my neck of the woods....I have known him for quite a while.

At least if I hit the BIN I can save on shipping.

C

:takeit:

But, seriously. Most important piece of OA I've ever seen.

Agreed, it's gorgeous but to say the cover doesn't exist simply because it has not been seen in public or changed hands is a bit of a salesman's stretch.

There is plenty of Silver Age Marvel art out there that people are positive was destroyed or no longer exists. Someday, we might see it all.

C

Way overpriced, considering 2 Kirby X-Men #1 pages went on Heritage for considerably less coin...and I'd venture to say the X-Men have had a longer term impact.

My question is if the seller seriously thinks someone is going to pay this kind of money in this economy...even if they win the lotto...

My question is if the seller seriously thinks someone is going to pay this kind of money in this economy...even if they win the lotto...

:gossip: The seller mentions something about why he is asking what he is asking in the auction desctiption. I think the answer is no.

C

Maybe worth about 35k-ish? 40-43K, tops, in my book. But it is a real significant page.

Joe, I agree with your assessment. Gorgeous page!

Per Chris's comments, the seller says right in the auction that he's "testing the waters" so the 100K BIN is clearly intended to be such a high ask that nobody will buy at that price, but will send him "best offers" instead.

Actually, it's not a bad strategy if you want to find out how much a certain page is worth. But the downside is if people don't read your description they'll think you're just a greedy nutjob. :insane:

--Steve

Obviously the BIN is crazy, but other than the cover, this is as blue-chip as they come. First panel appearance of a major silver-age Marvel character.

As original art becomes more mainstream in the hobby and starts to catch up to super high-grade slabbed books, that BIN might start to seem more reasonable.

Obviously the BIN is crazy, but other than the cover, this is as blue-chip as they come. First panel appearance of a major silver-age Marvel character.

As original art becomes more mainstream in the hobby and starts to catch up to super high-grade slabbed books, that BIN might start to seem more reasonable.

Yesterdays ripoff is tomorrows bargin.

Way overpriced, considering 2 Kirby X-Men #1 pages went on Heritage for considerably less coin...and I'd venture to say the X-Men have had a longer term impact.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. (worship)