• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another great EBAY experience.....

32 posts in this topic

Ultimately, grading is an opinion. Even 2 CGC books with the same grade don't always look like they should be.

Here is a good rule of thumb: ALWAYS pay less for a book on eBay! If the price goes up on a book you really want, LET IT GO! Another one will show up later. On the flip side, I don't mind paying a little more than guide at my local comic shop because I can hold the book in my hands and judge for myself. When buying from a LCS there is no shipping, no judging from a small scan, etc...

That's funny, I ran accross this listing yesterday Link and I asked for a larger scan. The listing says Amazing Spider-Man # 76 CGC ready NM.

Here's the larger scan...I don't think this would get a 6.5/7.0.

ASM-76.jpg

That's funny, I ran accross this listing yesterday Link and I asked for a larger scan. The listing says Amazing Spider-Man # 76 CGC ready NM.

ASM-76.jpg

Thats great, its not even a nice VF (*edit: insert F). People are nuts, and even more nuts for bidding on things like that. 29 is about right though, at least he didnt pay NM prices.

ASM-76.jpg

This book is unmitigated Krap! :insane:

How was this book packaged for shipping? All of these flaws are on the edges.

Hey General Zod...It was packaged in what you think it would be in, a manila envelope.

Yeah, that'll do it. My biggest peeve lately with eBay is people skimping out on packaging. A manila envelope being handled is probably what did in that book.