• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM The Atom #8

13 posts in this topic

I don't have it in hand but, there looks like a lot of scuffing on the spine compounded with general wear bring the grade down.
The scuffing is the ink wore thin. It really doesn't affect the paper. Still retains some gloss too.

There's a banged up URC, a tiny piece missing along the top edge, some fairly serious scuffing along the spine plus lots of spine creasing and a readers crease. the BC also has a tiny piece out of the top, an abrasion along the spine, some odd marking/stain by the spine further down and both a tiny corner crease and a bigger corner bend LRC.

IMHO there's no way this book could go 7.0. I'd be more inclined to think along the lines of a 5.5. not sure many would be comfortable with a fine grade given the overall condition of the spine.............. :sorry:

Thank you for all of your opinions guys. I changed my listing to a VG grade because I tend to agree with most of what has been said here. I feel that, in hand, it appears to deserve a little more than a G designation.

There is a selling thread right now with several Batman comics, listed as VG and to me, this one looks way better.(Not meant to knock anyones books)

Thanks again

Bill