• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 7.0 SHATTERS GPA record

109 posts in this topic

hope there's not another thread on this already.............. :blush:

just last week i was astonished to learn from Roy that an AF #15 7.5 had sold at auction (i believe) for approx $43,000, which was almost 3.5 times the record sale for a 7.0.

Well that is no longer the case as a 7.0 just took the high GPA from $12,500 to $22,000 this month. :o

anyone know where it was sold??

anyone else think this is a crazy jump in AF 15 prices??

it's good for me, my CGC 5.5 had a GPA over 6K before this spike. i don't know where this increase is coming from but looking at the last 40 years for AF15 leads me to believe more of the same for the next 40!

just last week i was astonished to learn from Roy that an AF #15 7.5 had sold at auction (i believe) for approx $43,000, which was almost 3.5 times the record sale for a 7.0.

Well that is no longer the case as a 7.0 just took the high GPA from $12,500 to $22,000 this month. :o

Maybe BA collectors are moving to SA keys. If I got 12k for a 9.8 ASM 129...I might be willing to pay more for a 7.0 AF 15.

Just a thought....

Maybe BA collectors are moving to SA keys. If I got 12k for a 9.8 ASM 129...I might be willing to pay more for a 7.0 AF 15.

Just a thought....

Good as any that i can come up with...........the $12,500 was just realized last July - that's what makes this so nuts. if you annualize the difference it's a one year increase of approx 100%.

isn't there an economic school of thought that suggests in tight times and poor market performance, Collectibles are sometimes seen as an attractive alternative... (shrug)

Maybe it was an old label that the buyer felt they could resubmit for a higher grade (or press into a higher grade)?

that sounds even more logical in light of the $43,000 for the 7.5...I hope someone on here can point me to where it sold. i'd love to get a gander at it............... :wishluck:

This is great news for AF15 owners.

And it's not-so-great news for those of us that were hoping to own one in the next 1-2yrs.

I have a very bad feeling by the time I'm financially settled enough to get my grail, I'll find myself still entirely unable to afford one.

Thinking it is time to dig out my tattered AF 15 and sell it. Prices for this book seem to be at a peak.

Question is will I realize any more money for my low grade copy if I CGC it? Or at the bottom end does the certification just not matter?