• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donating Comics & Writing off on Taxes

9 posts in this topic

I'm moving again and have a few thousand books I don't want to take with me. Question is: Can I write off on my taxes the amount I originally paid for the books when donating to the Salvation Army? (by originally paid, I mean cover price of course)

Testing, the boards are frozen to me...either that or no one is posting.

I got the answer and pm'd it to you...next you have to READ the PM;) It's not easy getting free tax advice this time of year, I had to go downstairs and ask nicely;)

I'm not sure how the tax rules are for comics... but I thought the way the Salvo Army or Good will worked was they give you a receipt listing their predetermined value of the clothes/items being donated?

I'm moving again and have a few thousand books I don't want to take with me. Question is: Can I write off on my taxes the amount I originally paid for the books when donating to the Salvation Army? (by originally paid, I mean cover price of course)

Just a thought, but if the cover price is 10 cents, would the write-off be worth it? (shrug)

Just a thought, but if the cover price is 10 cents, would the write-off be worth it? (shrug)

Just donating $2.95 moderns, trust me no 10 centers in this lot.