• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Deadbeat!!

5 posts in this topic

A question for those that have sold on eBay and have been stiffed by the buyer: Is there any legal recourse beyond telling eBay the buyer didn't pay? I sold a nice lot for a decent price and the one bidder hasn't paid or answered his/her emails about it! Yet this person has marked the item as "Payment Sent"...I don't get how that could be since I asked for Paypal as the only way to make the payment and haven't seen hide nor hair of it! :makepoint: Anybody else go through something like this??

Have you tried using the "get Contact information" button on the site map? First column on the right, about 1/2 way down. The best thing is usually to call and make sure there wasn't a mistake. Sometimes, it really helps to just be polite and call.

When I find the contact information is wrong, THEN I know I am in trouble...but Ebay will bounce them for that.

Aside from advice already provided...

How long since the auction ended? If less than a week, I'd wait a little longer. More than 10 days and I'd start the "nonpaying bidder" process and see if that doesn't stir up some activity.

Larry

Yes and the deadbeat bidder slammed a retaliatory negative on me - check my feedback and this is easy to spot...

yet eBay claims that this is not supposed to happen -

so I been emailing them every night and day and they just refuse to adhere to THEIR OWN POLICY of not allowing a UPI NPB to slam a neg on a seller in good standing...

disappointed CAL :mad:

They might have sent payment via snail mail.

I'd wait five business days since you got that "payment sent" message (longer if they are overseas) before nailing them with the NPB thing unless the ten days are up.

I've gotten cash in the mail sometimes and some people don't go online often.