• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: My HTF Golden Age thread - all aboard

31 posts in this topic

Figured I would start a new thread so I can just add books to it as I decide to sell things instead of tagging onto the Jumbo 11 thread - probably should have thought that one out a little better. doh!

I wanted to mention, I don't grade comics, that's what cgc is for. Please use the scans and description to judge for yourself what the grade is. Please feel free to ask any and all questions before committing to buy as all sales are final.

Priority shipping w/confirmation to the US is included in all prices. If an offer is made, shipping can be figured out then. I happily sell to any where in the world, but shipping will have to be discussed.

Payment on purchases $150 and under can be made via paypal, anything above is by check. Paypal's fees are out of control and I don't want to feed that any more than absolutely neccessary.

1st :takeit: gets it! OR if a PM comes in to buy it, I will mark as SOLD and that means it's SOLD! Thanks!

Ok, since the Jumbo lasted all of 12 hrs, lets try the next book: Mystery Men #8

Classic Blue Beetle cover by the one and only Lou Fine. The only time he ever drew the character... but you already knew that.

The book presents very nicely. It's flat, clean, no big creases or tears in the covers, beautiful registration, cover and centerfold tightly attached at staples. Main defects are the front cover was split cleanly at the spine (like many low grade foxs) and was very neatly reattached with tape. It's important to note, the back cover was still tightly attached at both staples just the front was not. At least it was important to me. :insane: The tape is very unobtrusive and only about 1/4" wide down the spine. There is also a very tiny piece of tape at each staple on the centerfold, which both are almost invisible. Since the centerfold was loose for some time in it's history, it is of lesser paper quality than the rest of the book, with the edges being chipped. The rest of the book's paper is tan yet supple. The bottom right corner of the book on the first 1/2 of the pages has chips off of them that lessen as they reach the centerfold. Last there appears to be a little bit of blue ink on the 'C' of 'COMICS' on the cover as seen in the scan.

SOLD

54898-mm8sml.jpg.bb55edae62b1fd8ae9af00c0b953fa5b.jpg

monster's coll/Ken D., let me introduce you to ciorac/Bill (ponesti).... I am sure you 2 have "not" been properly introduced lol

Everyone is incognito here... yep, that's me. I know Bill Ponseti from back in the day. Just selling off some of the collection, Bill. Seems as though not much has changed since the last time I messed with comics. :insane:

I have MF 14 and 16, but both are cvrless. :)

:takeit:

Ken: If you wish to sell them, I can pay via check or part trade/cash towards my loose Centaur front covers. e.g. Keen Detect Funnies. Just let me know which issue #s you may need to dress up your coverless Centaurs.

I have MF 14 and 16, but both are cvrless. :)

:takeit:

Ken: If you wish to sell them, I can pay via check or part trade/cash towards my loose Centaur front covers. e.g. Keen Detect Funnies. Just let me know which issue #s you may need to dress up your coverless Centaurs.

I appreciate the offer but i'm actually trying to put a run together myself. Cvrless are just fine in my book as I don't care about the covers on a lot of them. And they are far less $$$! :grin:

If you need parts to something, LMK. If I have a cvrless and it doesn't affect the story(s) I care about, i'm not opposed to trading cntrflds out.

Thanks!

Next up: Best Comics #3 Yep, 1 of the 4 'sideways' books that you never see and can never find... rated a Gerber 8, more like a 9 or 10 for that matter as this is the only copy i've ever seen. It's also the book with the racial stereotype cover. This copy is lower grade. It is complete and intact. As you can see in the pics, there are pieces missing. The paper quality is on the lower side, but still feels supple as you move inwards from the edges. A very rare opportunity to buy a Very Rare book. SOLD

54939-best3sml.jpg.e1cb95c83812ec1d7404a560e4fdbc5d.jpg

monster's coll/Ken D., let me introduce you to ciorac/Bill (ponesti).... I am sure you 2 have "not" been properly introduced lol

Everyone is incognito here... yep, that's me. I know Bill Ponseti from back in the day. Just selling off some of the collection, Bill. Seems as though not much has changed since the last time I messed with comics. :insane:

Hey Ken!

Yep, some things never change. I'm still collecting golden age. Glad to see you on the boards.

Hey Ken!

Yep, some things never change. I'm still collecting golden age. Glad to see you on the boards.

Bill, thanks! Hope to do a deal with you soon.

Ken

Next up: Air Ace 2/2 Good luck finding another one of these! :/ In all the years I was after esoteric, classic cover books, this was one of the rarest and is why I kept it. The book while being lower grade is still very nice, with great eye appeal - having Killer Colors! Cover and centerfold are tightly attached. Paper quality is OW and supple, getting a little tan along the bottom edge with some very small chips off the outer wraps. There are several very tiny pieces of almost impossible to see tape on the inside cover on the spine area. SOLD

54960-airace22.jpg.850300caf6f7466204a7573d5676b16d.jpg

Fight Comics #5 Classic Eisner cover! Ok, so this particular one is not the 'mintiest' (yes, I just made that word up) copy i've ever seen. But, it is an inexpensive way at getting a VERY cool book with a fantastic cover! This book has been put back together using an ample amount of tape. :D However, while the book has somewhat dirty pages, they are OW-white in PQ, and is complete and Now all 1 piece again. $75 shipped.

54961-fight5.jpg.0b604fd851c2bd30d35586f55895d66b.jpg

Next up: Air Ace 2/2 Good luck finding another one of these! :/ In all the years I was after esoteric, classic cover books, this was one of the rarest and is why I kept it. The book while being lower grade is still very nice, with great eye appeal - having Killer Colors! Cover and centerfold are tightly attached. Paper quality is OW and supple, getting a little tan along the bottom edge with some very small chips off the outer wraps. There are several very tiny pieces of almost impossible to see tape on the inside cover on the spine area. $195 shipped

Can I suggest you PM october about this book, and possibly put it on hold pending his reply? He's been looking for one for a while and has posted in the WTB forum several times.

Nice books, but you might consider possibly putting the scans underneath each other, instead of side by side...I have a 22 inch wide screen and I can't view them, so I keep closing the thread.

I second! (thumbs u

Great books, very tempted on a few..... hm