• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man

11 posts in this topic

Hah! When's the last time you read a post on Iron Man?!

I was inputting all my books into the database this weekend, when I got to the I's in the Marvel section I had to check out writers and artists cause I'm entering them into the DBase, too.

Anyway, point is, years ago (early mis 80's) I used to enjoy reading Iron Man, to the point of looking forward to the next release. I loved the story, found it very interesting the art was good, too. Now at age 12, I didn't know any artists or writers (except for Byrne), so I know I wasn't buying into any hype (if there was any).

Well, I just realized this weekend that Denny O'Neil was the writer for years. The guy was magical. Now IM has never been a book that held any value, but I plan to break these out and re-read them (since I'm sure IM never warranted enough attention to justify any TPB's).

Just thought I'd post something positive on IM, possibly the for the first time ever?

Actually, I love Iron Man. he's a great character with a fantastic costume (if you mean the red and gold costume).

The Alcoholism Saga was collected in trade years ago, and I think you can still find copies of. The Layton years of IM were awesome with classic style art. I even enjoyed IM in the late 80s and early 90s.

I love and collect iron man books too.

The best issue for me is the #150, a superb black cover, fantastic art, and a great story with Doom. I read and re-read this issue a lot of time. thumbsup2.gif

Oz,

Couldn't agree more! The time-travel story in 149 & 150 is one of my all-time fave IM stories!

Big shell-head fan myself, together with the good doctor he's my favorite Marvel character and his series is the first I managed to complete (although I did quit at issue #400)

And I also agree on issue #150... I think there are a few better issues story-wise but the cover is my fav of the whole series.

Now if we just could get Christopher Priest on the series I might be tempted to start buying the title again

Well, I just realized this weekend that Denny O'Neil was the writer for years.

Denny O'Neil is perhaps one of comics' greatest and most underappreciated talents. Most of the great DC work in the 1970s has had his name on it. Consider briefly that he was behind the great Batman and Green Lantern stories of the 1970s, among other achievements.

Iron Man is primarily the only comic I collect at the moment and I agree that #150 was one of the best.

But my favorite older issue has to be Volume 1 #5. The time traveling was, like always, absurd but it was well written and I really liked the art in it.

Iron Man is primarily the only comic I collect at the moment and I agree that #150 was one of the best.

But my favorite older issue has to be Volume 1 #5. The time traveling was, like always, absurd but it was well written and I really liked the art in it.

I've been reading the Tales of Suspense issues of Iron Man and have started reading the early issues of his solo series. Having just read #5 a few weeks ago, I also enjoyed that time traveling story as being the best story to date. grin.gif

I've been reading the Tales of Suspense issues of Iron Man and have started reading the early issues of his solo series. Having just read #5 a few weeks ago, I also enjoyed that time traveling story as being the best story to date.

I've been reading the old TOS's too (well, the essential marvel versions) and I always laugh out loud when the russians, cubans or chinese are involved. I swear, they drew them to look the same. And the dialouge! 893applaud-thumb.gif Class act writing all the way. thumbsup2.gif