• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody please 'splain this price to me

18 posts in this topic

Didn't a higher grade version of this book just recently sell for crazy money as well?

Not sure. There's a $1400 sale in 9.4 in GPA. Could be what you are refering to. Avengers books are just going stratospheric right now.

Didn't a higher grade version of this book just recently sell for crazy money as well?

Not sure. There's a $1400 sale in 9.4 in GPA. Could be what you are refering to. Avengers books are just going stratospheric right now.

'Bout time.That 25 has one STRONG COVER.I remember back in the 60's how outstanding that title was.Rascally Roy was really cutting his teeth on that title.My first one was # 56..."Death be not Proud."That $700 bid may be the result of two snipe-proof bids colliding.I must admit that I've lost a dozen auctions for that book.Foolkiller listed a nice one a couple years ago while I was taking a bathroom break and missed out yet again.What a drag.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's an absolutely classic cover: artist, inks, layout and colour.

However, this copy does have a cover miswrap. I don't know if this is true or not, but I always wondered if the white of the back cover showing on the spine does a good job of masking any stress lines that might otherwise drop the grade significantly?

That's a forumite selling that - looks like he knows where to go for top dollar.

That is a really tough book to find in HG.

More like the buyer has been spending some coin lately. He has outbid(overspent) me on a couple of item recently
Not difficult :whistle:

More like the buyer has been spending some coin lately. He has outbid(overspent) me on a couple of item recently

I would put him in your "silly money spending" category :whistle:

OK, is it just me or this price completely INSANE :screwy:

Avengers 25

$731 for a 9.2 Avengers 25 is triple the highest GPA price... TRIPLE. I know it's a cool cover and all but I thought the insanity was supposed to start at 9.6 not 9.2.

Your answer is within your question. You can't expect "insanity" to adhere to cultivated limits.

I would put him in your "silly money spending" category :whistle:

I'll back up Nik. I've been getting outbid badly on a lot of auctions lately. Must be tax return mania...

However, this copy does have a cover miswrap. I don't know if this is true or not, but I always wondered if the white of the back cover showing on the spine does a good job of masking any stress lines that might otherwise drop the grade significantly?

I look for copies with a very slight miswrap ( 1/32" or so) for that very reason.GOD BLESS..

I look for copies with a very slight miswrap ( 1/32" or so) for that very reason.GOD BLESS..

When I was a kid, I always looked for the miswrap, because it hid the spinner rack damage.