• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lastest eBay John Byrne X-men CGC 9.6 Auctions!!!

138 posts in this topic

[Even a bunch of mainstream titles have plenty of books difficult in HG that will take awhile to get.

But that all depends on how you determine "HG" (which to me, OS and many others is CGC 9.4 or more at the highest), and if you artificially raise the bar to CGC 9.6, 9.8 or 9.9, then you can work the numbers any way you want.

Lots of books don't even exist in 9.6 or 9.8, let alone 9.9.

[Even a bunch of mainstream titles have plenty of books difficult in HG that will take awhile to get.

But that all depends on how you determine "HG" (which to me, OS and many others is CGC 9.4 or more at the highest), and if you artificially raise the bar to CGC 9.6, 9.8 or 9.9, then you can work the numbers any way you want.

Check out his post

I couldnt name any Marel book from the late 60's to now that is hard to find anytime in at least a CGC 9.6 especially as Fool Killer mentions above.

:roflmao:

What about the census of X-Men 1??

Do you know that the two 9.8s are both pedigree copies. Pacific Coast and Curator. The 9.6 is a Pacific Coast and one of the 9.4s is a Bethlehem. Take out those and there are 2 9.4s :shrug:

We arent talking about Early Silver Age anyway

Like I said, there are plenty of early Bronze age books that YOU or most people couldnt find for me, even if I was Bill Gates. Sure they might be out there, but you said available anytime, which is a ridiculous thing to say.

As yes but they are in the equation so you can't take them out.

THERE IS NO MARVEL BOOK THAT IS RARE TO FIND AT UBER HG!

With the right price and Bill Gates help you can obtain anything u want.

Again Danny I am not saying you can just find raw copies of these books at any local comic con, but to me Marvel books in general are very easy to find at uber HG.

Key Points in my opinion:

1) Marvel early to mid Silver age, uber HG copies exist and can be obtain with the right price

2) late Marvel Silver-age-current, Uber HG can be obtain any time you want them at any given big time comic con or over the internet

3) rare uber HG= DC SA/GA

Just my opinion.

John

Off course 9.9 and 10.0 are never in abundance.

But marvel 9.6/9.8 especially in the BA, very easy to get.

But marvel 9.6/9.8 especially in the BA, very easy to get.

For mainstream superhero, possibly, but there are tons of esoteric titles and issues that may not even exist in NM+ or higher.

find an ASM 63 in 9.6 easily then

and that's from one of the most popular titles of all

There are (5) 9.6 CGC graded copies in the census and a bunch of 9.4's.

Again at the right price you can find it.

Not to mention that is not a key book for people to go crazy in the priority of getting that book graded. I am sure that people have that book "raw" in HG that just have not been graded yet.

"1) Marvel early to mid Silver age, uber HG copies exist and can be obtain with the right price"

Find me an X-Men 41 and 44 in 9.6

One of the most popular Marvel titles, I'll pay the right price :popcorn:

"2) late Marvel Silver-age-current, Uber HG can be obtain any time you want them at any given big time comic con or over the internet"

lol I'm laughing so hard here its not even funny

Not to mention that is not a key book for people to go crazy in the priority of getting that book graded. I am sure that people have that book "raw" in HG that just have not been graded yet.

Dude, seriously... just stop now. You are wrong. MK has already given you several examples of tough to find books in 9.6 and I can give you many more. Trust me, even though I was willing to pay silly money for an X-Men 59 in 9.6 it took me FOUR years to find one. The idea that you can find ANY Marvel superhero book in 9.6 in 6 months is ludicrous. Even at the "right" price, whatever that is, some books just don't come to market or don't have any slabbed 9.6 copies.

Do you think the set scores influences guys to pay more for books than they should. In the dark ages (that is the 80s), I would take a lower grade to get my book. Now, I find my book and it seems I am willing to pay more to make it mine. I paid 70.00 for a 9.8 flash 335 last night because I needed it and I did not want a 9.6. So am I crazy or just obsessed.

"1) Marvel early to mid Silver age, uber HG copies exist and can be obtain with the right price"

Find me an X-Men 41 and 44 in 9.6

One of the most popular Marvel titles, I'll pay the right price :popcorn:

"2) late Marvel Silver-age-current, Uber HG can be obtain any time you want them at any given big time comic con or over the internet"

lol I'm laughing so hard here its not even funny

Well Danny, I can find you a X-men 41 in a 9.9 if you want one? :devil:

I mean if you want to knit pick and look at every book in the CGC census and say “well there is no CGC 9.6”, then that ok, but usually as you can see by your X-men 41 and 44 there are a bunch of 9.4’s to be easily found.

Let me ask you this. Can you think of any Marvel series (superhero) run from issue 1-now that a collector would have a hard time putting together a raw/graded collection of grades that range from 9.2-9.8?

Because I can’t. (shrug)

Dude, seriously... just stop now. You are wrong. MK has already given you several examples of tough to find books in 9.6 and I can give you many more. Trust me, even though I was willing to pay silly money for an X-Men 59 in 9.6 it took me FOUR years to find one. The idea that you can find ANY Marvel superhero book in 9.6 in 6 months is ludicrous. Even at the "right" price, whatever that is, some books just don't come to market or don't have any slabbed 9.6 copies.

Did you read Fool Killer's Post?

When did I ever say 6 months?

My bad. You said "anytime", MK said 6 months. Point being, there are a lot of late silver books that are NOT available in 9.6 for very long periods of time. So the notion that you can find them "anytime" is inaccurate at best.

Dont start changing things around. We are talking about 9.6s or better so stay on the topic you started. Sure there's 1 41 9.9 and Doug Schmell, hardcore X-Men collector owns it. Sure there are 9.4s, but you said 9.6 Uber HG or better. 1 , only 1 copy better than 9.6!!! of an X-Men issue, which supposedly can be found easily for the right price.

Thats the thing. I dont have to look at the census. I can come up with plenty of books off the top of my head that are extremely difficult to get in HG. You are just making yourself look ridiculous with the comments you've made so far.

My bad. You said "anytime", MK said 6 months. Point being, there are a lot of late silver books that are NOT available in 9.6 for very long periods of time. So the notion that you can find them "anytime" is inaccurate at best.

No I def see what you are saying, but in my opinion a lot of late SA Marvel books can be found any time you want them in CGC 9.4/9.6 grade.

agree?

Yes, I read Foolkillers post. If he's talking about 9.6 slabbed copies, he's just as wrong as you are. I don't know if there are 100 Marvels that I can name that can't be easily obtained in 9.6 but there are certainly a couple dozen at least. I'm not saying they don't exist, but there are plenty of books that are not "routinely" available from CL and the like.

No I def see what you are saying, but in my opinion a lot of late SA Marvel books can be found any time you want them in CGC 9.4/9.6 grade.

agree?

9.4 is much easier yes. Which is part of the reason some people chase 9.6 and better. MUCH more challenging. Case in point, I've been trying ot put together a 9.6 run of X-Men 49-66 for 5 years and I still have 2 books to go. In 9.4 I would have been done years ago.

Dont start changing things around. We are talking about 9.6s or better so stay on the topic you started. Sure there's 1 41 9.9 and Doug Schmell, hardcore X-Men collector owns it. Sure there are 9.4s, but you said 9.6 Uber HG or better. 1 , only 1 copy better than 9.6!!! of an X-Men issue, which supposedly can be found easily for the right price.

Thats the thing. I dont have to look at the census. I can come up with plenty of books off the top of my head that are extremely difficult to get in HG. You are just making yourself look ridiculous with the comments you've made so far.

Ok so name like 25 Marvel books that are rare to find from 1968-current.

Prove me and fool killer wrong.

HG= 9.4/9.6.

So nit picking me on one or two books that do not have a CGC census of 9.6 is ridiculous to me.

You said Uber HG 9.6 and now you're saying 9.4/9.6 :shrug: Big difference.. if you are going to make ridiculous comments stay with them and back them up instead of changing things.

And you keep on saying Marvel, you do know that includes the Westerns and Romance books whether you like it or not.