• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tsunami TPB's Cancelled

26 posts in this topic

From an email I just got from Marvel...

"- MARVEL TSUNAMI TPBs CANCELLED

The Marvel Tsunami trades paperbacks, including November's Venom, Mystique, Human Torch, Runaways, Sentinel and Namor, and December's Inhumans and New Mutants, have been cancelled."

No idea what this means, but since trades are the most profitable publishing line for Marvel it doesn't sound good for these titles...

The Marvel Tsunami trades paperbacks, including November's Venom, Mystique, Human Torch, Runaways, Sentinel and Namor, and December's Inhumans and New Mutants, have been cancelled."

No idea what this means, but since trades are the most profitable publishing line for Marvel it doesn't sound good for these titles...

893frustrated.gif I love Runaways!

I will assume that you are referring to the comic and not something else....if you are referring to the comic then I agree 100%.

To quote Granpa Simpson:

"Weeelllll, a little from column A, a little from column B..."

cloud9.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

I love the covers but can never find any of the books around here ;_;

Ooo Jag, you're missing out! It's a great series! Ask 'House to hook you up. wink.gifthumbsup2.gif

And actually, so long as they bring the arc to a logical conclusion, I don't really mind them ending the series... I think more books should be handled like that, to be honest. confused-smiley-013.gif

Just cleanin' house in the post-Jemas hierarchy. I bet the genius in charge of Marvel will start a new "Trading Card" business in the coming months...

Nope, the trading cards license went to Upper Deck. Should be out later this month, or early November. Typical CCG, plays a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh - which is better than the Overpower [!@#%^&^] Marvel put out a few years ago, but not by much. Kids should like it...

CCG is Collectible Card Game, for those not in the know.

- D.

Good-bye and good riddance. boo.gif I hate manga. flamed.gif They were doomed from the start in my opinion.

Ooo Jag, you're missing out! It's a great series! Ask 'House to hook you up. wink.gifthumbsup2.gif

And actually, so long as they bring the arc to a logical conclusion, I don't really mind them ending the series... I think more books should be handled like that, to be honest. confused-smiley-013.gif

i'm broke ;_;

need to rob a few banks >.> <.<

the girl on the issue 6 cover's a cutie =P

MMMarvel-

not all the books are manga styled, New Mutants, Mystique & Inhumans arent

Good-bye and good riddance. boo.gif I hate manga. flamed.gif They were doomed from the start in my opinion.

Have you even read any of these books? Hell, have you even OPENED one of these books?

I tried to avoid them as manga's not my style either...but the buzz on Mystique and Runaways got my interest and the stories are worth the read. Never did try any of the others.

I don't care for manga either... but Runaways doesn't show any manga-ness at all, IMO. The art's "clean" and I rather dig that. It's a nice change of pace. Besides that, Brian K. Vaughan's writing it! And sure, he effed up Y something fierce, but man, he can still tell a story!

Sentinel (the other Tsunami worth reading... maybe) definitely has some heavy manga-influence happening. The jury's still out on this one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mystique was okay, but I'm just not up for yet another X-Book. Hell, it pisses me off when Xavier makes appearances in X-Statix. He's becoming the next Wolverine! 893frustrated.gifwink.gif

Mystique was okay, but I'm just not up for yet another X-Book. Hell, it pisses me off when Xavier makes appearances in X-Statix. He's becoming the next Wolverine! 893frustrated.gifwink.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^]!

Does that mean his first appearance is gonna shoot up in price like Hulk 181?

I better go buy one of those fast. What book is that again?

Holy [!@#%^&^]!

Boffy The Vampire Layer #2? confused-smiley-013.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^]!

Sweet... I've got 8 copies!!!!!!!

PS: You know you have played too much Madden with the wife around, when she starts talking back to the players' pre-snap chatter. "Bust his grill, D!" elicits a "Why don't they want that guy to barbeque???" 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^]!

Sweet... I've got 8 copies!!!!!!!

PS: You know you have played too much Madden with the wife around, when she starts talking back to the players' pre-snap chatter. "Bust his grill, D!" elicits a "Why don't they want that guy to barbeque???" 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

You are the sole possessor of a Boffy horde! er... Congratulations? 893applaud-thumb.gif ?