• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #74......may I call this a 9.8?

39 posts in this topic

Ok, I was just sorting through and grading some raw books, and I found this puppy. I knew I had it, but I don't think I ever really stopped to look at it, becase I bought it in a lot of a few other very high grade Avengers books. I found virtually nothing wrong with this in my hands, and it was only after I looked at the huge scan that I saw a very faint stress in the area of Vision's cape, and a very small color flake(looks like a stress, but it's solely on the surface of the book) on Vision's leg. If it wasn't for the larger than life scan, they could go unnoticed. I want to call this a 9.8, but I'm hesitant. I'm not selling it or anything, but it's for my own records, so what do you guys think?

aveng74.jpg

Actually, as I mentioned above, when I looked closely at it, it looked more like a color fleck than a stress.

Yeah, you're both probably right. I'd like to be able to call one of my raw books 9.8 for [!@#%^&^] sake! 893frustrated.gif

I ain't no hater, but if this is a 9.4, then almost all my other books, slabbed and raw, are really overgraded.

I personally grade it as a 9.2-9.4, but it is an older book so that was taken into account when I gave it a 9.6 tongue.gif

frown.gif893frustrated.gif