• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If your comic needs a facial tissue, don't use the lotion kind...

15 posts in this topic

One of the local bookstores often has moderns discounted to 50% or less of cover. Unfortunately, they don't always bag them and put a sticker on anyhow... or sticker them and then bag them later.

Well, in my rush, I missed one that had been stickered. No problem, just peel it off.

Carp... this one is really stuck.

OK... just a little residue. Let me rub it with a tissue to grab that off.

:censored:

The ink is coming off with it! :o

:tonofbricks:

I should have expected it... as it has been a day full of minor annoyances (from my alienation powers making the local comic show a real treat to be at, to the neighbor's dog breaking out of his invisible fence to dump on my lawn, to a kid being encouraged by his parent to pull out all of the utility flags on our lawn meant for some work next week, to stepping in... well, those were the highlights).

Just had to vent a smidge... sort of like one of those movies where the sort of likable mook gets home from dealing with a lot of newbs at a show...looks out one window, sees the dog... looks out another, sees the kid... goes to relax in the porch and steps in... well, you get the picture...

Today, I only have to deal with laundry, a breaking furnace, and a leaking water softener... :busy:

tedlevine.jpg

"It puts the lotion on its skin!"

My comics do not weep for me....., and I do not weep for them :sumo:

Why did the residue bother you? Were you planning on submitting?

I was worried it might stick to something and damage the cover... doh!

Took care of that concern! :headbang:

Rip the cover off?

Why did the residue bother you? Were you planning on submitting?

I was worried it might stick to something and damage the cover... doh!

Took care of that concern! :headbang:

Rip the cover off?

Since it was a modern, I'll consider it a cheap lesson learned. hm