• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby Iron Man Cover Recreation art day!

11 posts in this topic

To dovetail onto the thread about the Silver Age cover recreations, here's a recent addition to my collection: the Jack Kirby pencil cover recreation of Tales of Suspense 39 that was featured in the 1994 Sotheby's auction that had commissioned recreations by Kirby, Ayers, and Romita Sr. Needless to say, I'm tickled to have this. It's really beautiful in person.... :cloud9:

TOS 39 Cover Recreation

Nice pick up...I almost bought this piece like 3 times...hope it stays off the market for a good while.

Thanks. Yeah, I had seen it a couple times and actually passed on it, but after seeing some of Conrad's pencil recreation pieces in person, I rethought about it. Interestingly, when I saw pics online it looked shaky and not very crisp. But in person? Gorgeous.

It ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon.... :grin:

Nice pick up...I almost bought this piece like 3 times...hope it stays off the market for a good while.

Thanks. Yeah, I had seen it a couple times and actually passed on it, but after seeing some of Conrad's pencil recreation pieces in person, I rethought about it. Interestingly, when I saw pics online it looked shaky and not very crisp. But in person? Gorgeous.

It ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon.... :grin:

Great piece congrats Steve :grin: