• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visiting Phoenix - Local Comic Shops?

11 posts in this topic

So, next week my wife and I are flying to Phoenix and spending a week for a vacation. Can I get some names and addresses of local comic book shops where I might go and find some good - very good early 60 Marvels and DC's? (reasonalbly priced!)

I'm staying in the Metro Centre area, but will be driving around a lot looking at the sites etc.

Whitey

I've been to Atomic Comics...seemed decent. There's a newer one in Chandler (mostly Modern)...the other location has more variety. I'm not sure what your idea of "Reasonably" priced is, but it's a brick and mortar store; don't expect eBay type bargains at ANY LCS.

GOOGLE.."All about Books and Comics" Hands down the Best in the Valley.

Look them up on line. His Ebay sig is the same name.

No one has a larger Back issue base and his grading is really tight.

Extremly nice and Knowledgable staff as well.

He also Has a great mail order service.

Dont care For ATOMIC COMICS no back issue inventory and overpriced over graded what they do have.

Atomic Comics is nice and clean (the Chandler and Mesa locations - the other two locations are boring and skimpy), but they're not going to satisfy your back issue needs at all. They've moved heavily toward graphic novels/trades, manga, cosplay accessories and the sort. Pretty superficial.

Bronzilla's right, All about Books and Comics is pretty much it. You'll probably spend a long time looking around there. For some reason, I have a really hard time finding good Silver Age back issues in the Phoenix area.

There's a few other shops in the area, but they aren't really worth visiting from out of town.

The address and phone # for All about Books and Comics:

5060 N. Central

Phoenix, AZ 85012

(602) 277-0757

Have fun! The weather's finally warming up nicely down here. Don't forget to hydrate well a day or two before making the trip.

Atomic Comics is nice and clean (the Chandler and Mesa locations - the other two locations are boring and skimpy), but they're not going to satisfy your back issue needs at all. They've moved heavily toward graphic novels/trades, manga, cosplay accessories and the sort. Pretty superficial.

Bronzilla's right, All about Books and Comics is pretty much it. You'll probably spend a long time looking around there. For some reason, I have a really hard time finding good Silver Age back issues in the Phoenix area.

There's a few other shops in the area, but they aren't really worth visiting from out of town.

The address and phone # for All about Books and Comics:

5060 N. Central

Phoenix, AZ 85012

(602) 277-0757

Have fun! The weather's finally warming up nicely down here. Don't forget to hydrate well a day or two before making the trip.

Thanks for the advice.

I had a nice vacation last week and visited All about Books and Comics. Nice place with a pretty good selection of silver back issues on the walls. OK prices.

I enjoyed browsing and bought a few.

I would recommend it.

Atomic Comics was minutes away from where I stayed, so I had to visit it. Wasn't impressed.

Whitey.

I have enjoyed going to All About Books and Comics on and off for the past 20+ years. Allan is a very nice guy. If you don't see something ask They have a ton of stock not seen in the store. You may even want to call in advance with a list he would be more than happy to have staff look for it and have it ready for you when you arrive.